Can anyone take this gelding on?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
There is a gelding on our yard who desperately needs a new home.

New gentleman arrived at the yard with 2 horses a few weeks ago. He had just bought this gelding from a friend to bring on and sell. However he has now found how expensive two horses are and want to sell the gelding.

This chestnut gelding has such a lovely personality, very genuine but was bucking when the gentleman tried to mount him (like a sac of spuds!).

Hasnt had his back checked, hasnt had his teeth checked, hasnt had his saddle checked - his owner had no idea!

I absolutely adore this gelding and just want him to get the home he deserves - it is killing me inside that i cant afford to buy him (cant believe i have even considered selling my lorry to buy him!)

He just need some proper care and I can see him being a stunning showing horse or show jumper.

Can any one out there squeeze him in with them (i will happily deliver him in my horsebox within a half hour drive of walsall - thats how much i want him to get a good home)

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/lead_rein_first_ridden_horse_6_yrs_6_mths_15_2_hh_chestnut_west_midlands/advert/190464

Please note this is NOT my horse (wish he was :() - i just want so much for someone to love him.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Oh no.... that's so sad :( Do hope he finds a good home, no room at ours sadly. He looks like a nice lad :)

Angelbones

Visit site
Nice looking chap, shame about his circumstances. I'm not quite sure that having him in the Lead Rein and First Ridden section will help him find the right home though?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
He looks like a nice lad :)

he really is. It is sad because the guy takes about half and hour to catch him from field but i can go down and just by being calm and gentle i can go straight up to him, put head collar on and off and he even follows me around the field voluntarily.

I want him so badly but i am struggling to afford Chico at the moment so it's a big no no - but i see something in him that just makes me want to do right by him.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Sweet looking horse he sounds very similar to my mare im trying to rehome for £350 or less. Hope he finds a nice home.

yes the price has been dropping day by day, when i spoke to him last week it was £1200 - i'd only offer him about £400 for it, and i think he'd take it

missyme10

Visit site
300-400 be right, he's a complete gamble. He may have kissing spine hence the bucking, he may just never have been backed right or associates someone being on his back with pain.

Regadless of reason, it will take time and money to put him right. Fine if bought for a few hundred.

I hope he gets a nice home, he's quite sweet looking x

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
He could be bucking for all those reasons, but more likely because he's young and his owner has taught him that he can buck him off and get out of work!

We will be looking for a 15.2 in a few months - it gives me hope that we'll get something!

Those are dreadful pictures though! You can hardly see him!

Kenzo

Visit site
Well he's a cheap project for someone to play with, hope he lands a nice home very soon, pity he's so far away I'd off had him to bring on for the owner if it was just a case of not having time and money to keep him.

Luci07

Visit site
Ok probably going to come up with an idea you don't really want to hear....

If the guy is that desperate and is staying at your yard... don't suppose you thought about offering the £400 split over x months? OK very cheeky, probably not a great financial move but might give you some financial flexibility...

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Ok probably going to come up with an idea you don't really want to hear....

If the guy is that desperate and is staying at your yard... don't suppose you thought about offering the £400 split over x months? OK very cheeky, probably not a great financial move but might give you some financial flexibility...

I would love to but it's not the initial purchase of the pony (or Flame as his name is!) but the monthly livery costs as i am on part livery and a very poorly paid job :(
I have however been buying EuroMillions tickets and crossing my fingers really tightly, but no luck yet :(

Luci07

Visit site
OK that won't work then..

The other option would be to maybe try to strike a deal where you will put the work in and help prep this pony for sale and in return get x % of the sale. That way you can at least help this boy get a good home (if no one on the board comes up for him!)

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Do you know if he is def open to offers for him?

as far as i am aware - based on conversations with the yard manager who has spoken with the owner.
I will ask the owner tonight if i see him but he often goes tot he yard in the daytime while i am at work so i only see him at weekends. I'll try though.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
He had just bought this gelding from a friend to bring on and sell. However he has now found how expensive two horses are and want to sell the gelding.

his owner had no idea!

Read the two statements above, and tell me what it looks like to you?
If I was you I would walk away! Sorry but experience will teach you to walk away in time.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Read the two statements above, and tell me what it looks like to you?
If I was you I would walk away! Sorry but experience will teach you to walk away in time.

I dont know, what does it look like to you then?

The horse needed attention, would have had his back, teeth, feet and vet check done to rule out pain. If no pain it would have been careful handling and kind treatment to bring him on.
But alas, he is now back at the dodgy dealers yard :(

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I tried to give him a perm forever home no matter what happened, sadly the owner would drop no less than £600 and sadly just couldn't part with £600 when he would be a gamble, I offered £400