Can horses get eczema?!

Nakita

Visit site
Hi all,

Well not sure if you will remember but before christmas I posted having clipped my itchy shetland to find a weird rash on his body, mainly neck and face.
Well a few months later after being groomed lots and having witch hazel and aloe vera rbbed on him, the hair has grown back nicely on the rash/scabby bits.& having a skin supplement. However he is still dementedly itchy, and has a few new rashy bits on his neck. His skin is kind of bumpy at parts, never seen anything like it, have now ruled ot rain scald, mite etc.
Vets coming up on Thursday, I'm now thinking it must be an allergy of some form but then thought it could be something like eczema if horses can get it? I googled it and only found one decent articale with a photo that resembles his rash ALOT. But because I can't find anything else I'm not sure how true it is.

Can anyone shed some light?

Nakita x

xbuzzx

Visit site
I'm not sure if they can get excema, but my pony had a patch of dry, itchy skin that when the vet came out they gave him the exact same cream as my sister gets for her excema. So it must be almost the same, if not the same?

Nakita

Visit site
Thank you for the replies,

No definetly not ringworm or anything 'normal/obvious' like that, guessing it is an allergic reaction of some sort.
Hadn't got the vet out sooner as wanted to give aloe vera, supplement, skin getting air etc time to take effect. But the vet will be up on Thursday so we will see what they say then :)