Can I assume none of you give rawhide treats?

skinnydipper

Visit site
Oh thanks lovely:):) I just looked at them on the french site . They might work very well !

Moon bone is another good chew if you can get it. A decent size piece is a bit pricey for a daily treat, more an occasional treat (expect to pay about £2 for large).

It is shoulder cartilage not bone :)

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Bear has a pig’s ear every night. The vet was horrified! I couldn’t find anything decent in Morrisons this week, looking for softer treats, Bear has had a lump under his tongue which thank god has disappeared. (Vet mentioned cancer, I had hysterics) I’ve gone back to the ears.

CrunchieBoi

Visit site
Our two like to have dried bully sticks which last them a couple of hours. I don't like having to pick up chews that are soggy at one end so whatever we get for our pair needs to be something they'll finish without me having to pick up an utterly manky thing with hair and bits of carpet stuck to one end.

Ours also like the dried fish skin sticks. Millies wolfheart used to do a lot of dried naturap treats for dogs.

[153312]

Visit site
Just thought that the other treat/ chew I feed is a carrot. Whenever I've googled them in the past they seem to be recommended as good for them, does anyone know if that's true?

They're handy for the same sort of thing where you want something that takes a bit longer to chew than a biscuit.
True.
Our vet recommended giving puppy carrots to stop her eating shoes when she was teething ?
We used to have a dog who liked apples and pears as well - but no idea if those are good for them or not. She stole them from the garden where they'd fallen off trees.

deb_l222

Visit site
Mine have nylabones and they last ages and ages. Chester is a serious chewer at the moment so they’re a very good alternative to chewing my furniture :)

GSD Woman

Visit site
I had given rawhide in the past and only if I was going to be home. Now that it is almost impossible to find something not made in China. Now they get raw turkey necks when I can find them and raw marrow bones that are thawed when I can find those. When I leave the house Rudy gets half a handful of dog biscuits and Freddie gets one. If she gets more Rudy eats them.

I bought something from Farm Hounds that was highly recommended. They were not cheap and my dogs didn't like them. I gave them to the friend who gave me the chickens. Her Rudy/Sunny daughter loves them. and one lasts her for weeks.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Paddywack is great, you can buy it in small packs but when we had our pet shop we would split a box, pieces were between 2” and 12” long. It is dried sinew and so comes of in ‘threads’ of tissue. Not too revolting to have around and doesn’t stink.

I think that’s a really good treat.

Shady

Visit site
Wow, thank you so much:)
I had to look up paddywack and bully sticks! So many names for bulls willies . I had no idea:D
The world of dog treats and chews is as varied and as confusing as ' which cat food to buy '.
I like the idea of tendons and pizzles best. Think they will last a bit of time as a nice treat, but be completely eaten rather than hang around possibly causing conflict. The older Weim and newbie Weim are great friends and ive had no source guarding issues at all , but I never take a chance after seeing what my SIL's rescue Boxer did to her Chi when she left them with a couple of pig ears . Stuff of nightmares.
Thanks again and thanks from my ridiculous, but wonderful dogs :)
puppy and Rosie terrace 002.JPG

Bellasophia

Visit site
…for once I didn’t see the cat,I was admiring the beautiful cast iron bed..what luxury….I imagine it’s a shadyhub creation. Defitely marketable,have you see them online..they are a very high end and extremely swish.

Shady

Visit site
…for once I didn’t see the cat,I was admiring the beautiful cast iron bed..what luxury….I imagine it’s a shadyhub creation. Defitely marketable,have you see them online..they are a very high end and extremely swish.
Oh bless you Bella .For once its not one of our creations but a rather uncomfortable sofa that tries to swallow my arse when I sit on it.:D xx

Moobli

Visit site
No to rawhide here but mine get lamb/ewe/tup horns (the benefit of being married to a shepherd), raw non weight bearing bones, dried fish skins and I did treat them to ostrich bones once but at £10 each it can be a special occasion only treat ?

[153312]

Visit site
Wow, thank you so much:)
I had to look up paddywack and bully sticks! So many names for bulls willies . I had no idea:D
The world of dog treats and chews is as varied and as confusing as ' which cat food to buy '.
I like the idea of tendons and pizzles best. Think they will last a bit of time as a nice treat, but be completely eaten rather than hang around possibly causing conflict. The older Weim and newbie Weim are great friends and ive had no source guarding issues at all , but I never take a chance after seeing what my SIL's rescue Boxer did to her Chi when she left them with a couple of pig ears . Stuff of nightmares.
Thanks again and thanks from my ridiculous, but wonderful dogs :)
View attachment 82772
Gosh they are really stunningly beautiful dogs ???