Can I cry pls?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
So sorry, QB. I know how it is to love a horse so much. I think you have made the right decision for her, unless she miraculously perks up today. x

sonjafoers

Visit site
QB you are a wonderful, wonderful owner and my heart goes out to you. I'm sitting here balling my eyes out at your desperate situation and just praying for a positive outcome for you. You've been so strong and your girl will know that and know how much she is loved and how hard you are trying for her.

I wish I could offer some suggestions but like many others I can't but just want to send you some warmth.

I have just picked up a load of Winergy Equilibrium, some of which is Condition. I am in Devon so you can't be too far away so if you think this may tempt her for a day or 2 let me know & I will willingly drop you a bag down.

Hugs x x

Queenbee

Visit site
She's gone, it was lovely and peaceful and the sun poked through just as she was about to be injected. It was the most peaceful and graceful exit for my best friend and soul mate xxx Ben is with her now. Xxxx

Tammytoo

Visit site
God bless you for taking the final unselfish decision.

There's nothing I can say, but just send you cyber hugs.

Gallop free of pain, beautiful Ebony.

meesha

Visit site
Thoughts are with you, you have been so strong for her and done everything you could including letting her go. Big hugs

Cazzah

Visit site
So sorry to read this but can honestly say that you have done everything possible to help her throughout, including the last, hardest decision.

(((Hugs))) for you.

RIP Beautiful Ebony. Run free now. xx

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Im so sorry you had to let her go :( U know her and listened to her so well. She was very lucky to have you & if you decide to take on another at some point- a very lucky horse it will be ;) keep your chin up- shes free now xx

ps. Remember to look after yourself, Its easy to neglect yourself when your taking care (stressing over) a sickly horse.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
In tears reading this. She told you she was ready and you listened. Glad the end was so peaceful. No horse could wish for more.

grouchymare

Visit site
Another one in tears reading this. Big hugs to you and Ben. Be very proud of yourself for everything you have done for Ebony, now it is time to look after yourself. Allow yourself to grieve but remember all the things that made you smile as well.
Sleep well beautiful Ebony xxx

Milanesa

Visit site
So sorry for u xx your story has moved me too, what a wonderful owner you are, you listened to her and did all you could xx my heart goes out to you xx

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Oh QB, I saught out this thread for an update and was in tears long before you posted about realising it was her time to go. Please know that for all the things Ebony has given you over the years, you have been a loving and knowledgable owner without compare: you gave her everything you could to try and make her better, but with the courage and humanity to realise when the fight had been lost.

I hope that soon your memories with her bring not tears but smiles of joy, that Ben copes well with losing his friend, and that you get to be a real part of his education on breaking livery, whenever that may be. The hugest of hugs to you x

rockysmum

Visit site
Oh god, I was hoping she had improved this morning. As the other have said you have done everything right for her, she was a very lucky horse.

RIP Ebony and huge hugs to you and Ben.

JackJill

Visit site
QB I rarely post but have been thinking of you a lot recently, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news but having been in a similar situation v recently I'm hoping you feel some release from the stress you have been going through whilst trying to nurse your beautiful girl. I know I just felt so tired when Solo had gone but I did feel relieved and more peaceful once his fight was over. I do hope you feel the same. You have my upmost respect and im sure I wouldn't be the only one to say I'd trust my own horse with you . Be kind to yourself. X

touchstone

Visit site
You can take comfort from the fact that Ebony went when the time was right and I'm sure they understand how loved they are. She was lucky to have such a caring owner who understood her so well.

I hope you can have a few quiet days, I expect all the stress and worry will be released and leave you exhausted, Will be thinking of you. xxx