Can I cry pls?

RaYandFinn

Visit site
I have no words...well done for being so incredibly brave.

Run free Ebony... She'll be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge

Lots of love and hugs xxx

Circe

Visit site
I'm so sorry to see your update, RIP Ebony.
She was obviously loved so much, you did everything you possibly could to help her.
Please take care of yourself.
Kx

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I have been following this thread, and your post when you made the decision for Ebony was the bravest I have read in a long time. I am so sorry you have lost your girl, I hope in time you can look back on all your lovely memories of her and smile. RIP Ebony.

MrsElle

Visit site
I have been following this thread but haven't commented before as I didn't feel I had the knowledge or experience to offer any advice.

Your love and devotion to Ebony is evident, and having had to have one of my girls pts two years ago next month I know that in time knowing you did the right thing at the right time will be a huge comfort.

RIP Ebony, and huge {{{hugs}}} to you x

claracanter

Visit site
I too have been following this post. What touched me most is your love for your girl and the bond that you shared. Life is so cruel and yet you have handled things so well, knew exactly when the time was right. Big hugs.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Oh my, that last picture of you and Ebony in the stable did it for me, and the tears are now flowing.

I'm so sorry you lost your girl, you fought for her, you gave her everything, and in the end, when she needed you the most, you gave her her dignity.

RIP Ebony.

xx

Queenbee

Visit site
Thank you all for your very kind words, it's been the most painful time of my life :( everyone has been fantastic, a local photographer took a picture of us jumping in 2009 at a local hunt, it was the best day we ever shared, unfortunately I lost the copy I purchased, he has gone through his records and found it for me, the drive to the yard was so painful this morning and I am thankful that I could swoop straight in and bury my head in Ben, not quite as gentle or sensitive as my girlie but my god I needed it, just something to hold and wrap my arms around and the feel of the mane running through my fingers, having Ben to cling to is a blessing and this tragedy is making my love and bond with him strengthen x I popped him out into the paddock after the other horses had gone, they are exhibits at a farm open day today. I decided that it would be best to pop him in here so he could understand that it was just the normal school/grazing paddock and nothing bad will happen, I could also keep a better eye on him, he started by nervous eating then got more and more high energy, I didn't mind as I thought a bit of a burn off would do him good, until he ran for the 4 foot wall and banked it up into the car park, luckily he didn't go for the gate to run off and find the others, but ran straight up to me, begging to go in his stable where he feels safe and calm, god love him he is lying down in there now :(, I'm off to get some calmer for the days ahead to take the edge off as best I can and I haven't rules out a companion for him, but don't know if I have the energy at the moment to focus on any more than one. On my feed bin this morning was a copy of the picture of ebony and I in the stable, another livery had had it done yesterday for me, I'm so touched by the support. I actually didn't cry half as much as I though I would last night and I couldn't stomach more than 2 glasses of wine, I was awake till 3, shattered but acutely lonely. I can't face the tack room, but I'm really happy I made the decision to Pop him in her stable, I was scared to death of seeing it empty, this feels right and I can clean his out and get the roof fixed. All in all a better day than I could have hoped for. What hurts a lot is that there seem so many people who are going through similar at the moment with their horses, or maybe it's just that this has made me more aware. I really hope they have a favourable outcome and don't have to go through what I have x

Natch

Visit site
Be free now Ebony, you have been the perfect teacher, friend and dancing partner.

"Just a horse"

From time to time, people tell me,
“lighten up, it’s just a horse,”
or,”that’s a lot of money for just a horse”.
They don’t understand the distance travelled,
the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a horse.”

Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a horse.”
Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a horse,”
but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a horse,” and in those days of darkness,
the gentle touch of “just a horse” gave me comfort
and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it’s “just a horse,”
then you will probably understand phrases like “just a friend,”
“just a sunrise,” or “just a promise.”

“Just a horse” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
“Just a horse” brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.
Because of “just a horse” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a horse”
but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future,
the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

“Just a horse” brings out what’s good in me
and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a horse”
but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a woman.”
So the next time you hear the phrase “just a horse” just smile, because
they “just” don’t understand.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
I am so very sorry for your loss, i wish i had some wise words or better still a magic wand to take some of the pain away for you but sadly I'm just me and all i can offer is a virtual hug.
RIP beautiful Ebony.x

cambrica

Visit site
Peace be with Ebony. How heartbreaking and desperately hard for you. Hopefully now you will start to feel a slight weight lifted off your shoulders knowing you could have done no more and with the fantastic support from so many on here, I know that it really does make a huge difference.
My thoughts are with you and your sadness is shared.

Emilieu

Visit site
Crossing the Bridge

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whinnied to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I put my head against you, nickered and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ...
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll gallop across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

JenHunt

Visit site
Oh QB, I saught out this thread for an update and was in tears long before you posted about realising it was her time to go. Please know that for all the things Ebony has given you over the years, you have been a loving and knowledgable owner without compare: you gave her everything you could to try and make her better, but with the courage and humanity to realise when the fight had been lost.

I hope that soon your memories with her bring not tears but smiles of joy, that Ben copes well with losing his friend, and that you get to be a real part of his education on breaking livery, whenever that may be. The hugest of hugs to you x

this ^^
I've been away since Friday night, and came online to find out how she was doing. I'm absolutely devastated to hear that she's gone. But, I think you've made the hardest, and yet most brave decision of all, and shown how much you cared for her, and how unselfish true love can be. You should be proud of yourself for caring about her enough to put her before your own desires - I know she'd be proud of you.

My thoughts are with you, Ben and your OH. I hope you can all look back soon with smiles, and fond memories of your best times together. ((((hugs))))

leflynn

Visit site
Devastated you have lost your darling friend Ebony, I wish the outcome had been the other way, but it seems it sadly wasn't meant to be and she was snatched from you all too soon :(
Ebony couldn't have asked for more from you and she is so lucky to have had you in her life, run free Ebony :)

I hope the lovely people and Ben around you continue to look after you, I'm sending you my thoughts and hugs, take care and it would be lovely to see more photos of you, Ebony and Ben xx

ellie741

Visit site
I'm so sorry for have been Folowing from the start and have shed tears for u and ebony, massive hugs for you thinking of you in this terrible time Xxxxxxxx