Can I do whp class on my haflinger?

Becca-84

Visit site
Hi all, we are hoping to go to our first show in a couple of weeks and I was wondering whether we could get away with doing working hunter? It is only local riding club show, but obviously being a haflinger he has a long mane so I can't plait-will that be ok?

Tapir

Visit site
I would imagine that you'd be fine at a local show. I'd happily have entered our old haflinger if I'd have been able to persuade him to jump!

abbijay

Visit site
Depending on the height of your Haffy at local level you should be fine. There is one near me that does the WH horse classes (I think she's 15.something HH). I've done it at local level on my pure bred full feathered Clydesdale and been placed! If you are concerned then ring the organisers in advance but most local shows are glad of entries and will support you.

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
You will be fine to enter the class if you fit the height criteria. However if all the horses/ponies go well over the jumps and on the flat and have no major conformation faults then the judge is likely to put the more conventional hunter types up the line. But if you jump clear and the others don't then you are more likely to be in with a chance!

Becca-84

Visit site
Ok thanks guys. It will be our first show so we are only looking to gain experience and have fun at this stage. I think we will enter anyway, after all whats the worst that can happen haha!!