Can i have some positive vibes

onemoretime

Visit site
Got to my mare this evening and found her down with colic.

Called the vet immediately and diagnosed with spasmodic colic.

She's had some muscle relaxants, pain relief and done sedation. Full internal exam and everything looks okay internally.

Over the period of 4 hours slowly introduced food and she is very angry at her reduced portions but much brighter in herself now, trying to escape.

Can I have some positive vibes that we are over the minor blip and back to her ridiculous Welsh self tomorrow!

So sorry to hear this, sending healing vibes. Let us know how she goes on please.

SO1

Visit site
Glad she is ok. She looks fab. I have a veteran pony who is prone to gas and he has colikare liquid.

catembi

Visit site
So glad she's okay. My ex racer used to get gassies every 2-3 months and AloeRide stopped them altogether. Whenever I ran out, he would have another one within 10 days - 2 weeks. They are horrible & frightening :-(

Mosh

Visit site
She started with symptoms again tonight.

After some discussion and looking at weather etc, she seems to struggle when the weather is warm, she is uncomfortable and then starts the colic symptoms. She does have cushings so struggles to regulate her temperature.

I gave her a wash off which released a lot of wind and cooled her down and you could visibly see her relax and become more comfortable and quite angry about the bath ??

As soon as the yard allows 24/7 turn out she will go out over night and in in the day. I have sent my blades to be sharpened and ordered another set, so will clip her and help her regulate her temperature that way. I can add warmth but I can only do so much to take it away I guess!

I'm going to discuss with the vet on Tuesday about changing her meds doseage but will obviously call them if she worsens before then

Mosh

Visit site
Hi everyone, she seems to be okay. I've clipped her today and she seemed much more comfortable afterwards. Rode her for 15 minutes and all seemed good there. Her appetite is back and is back to attempting to steal everybody's food, human or horse!

It's our first spring with cushings so it's a learning curve, what works and what doesn't. I'm being careful how much grass she is getting as well.

Fingers crossed we are on the up now. She felt well enough to squeal at any horse that dared look at her too!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi everyone, she seems to be okay. I've clipped her today and she seemed much more comfortable afterwards. Rode her for 15 minutes and all seemed good there. Her appetite is back and is back to attempting to steal everybody's food, human or horse!

It's our first spring with cushings so it's a learning curve, what works and what doesn't. I'm being careful how much grass she is getting as well.

Fingers crossed we are on the up now. She felt well enough to squeal at any horse that dared look at her too!
I recommend this for coliking - having seen it work first hand on mine and livery horses, def helps while waiting for vet or as a pre vet call - good reviews too please read a few might help your horse, during this grassy gassy time.
https://pro-equine.com/products/colikare

Mosh

Visit site
I recommend this for coliking - having seen it work first hand on mine and livery horses, def helps while waiting for vet or as a pre vet call - good reviews too please read a few might help your horse, during this grassy gassy time.
https://pro-equine.com/products/colikare

Thank you. I will have a look at this. Someone else has recommended coligone as well if anyone knows anything about that?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thank you. I will have a look at this. Someone else has recommended coligone as well if anyone knows anything about that?
I use it on the onset of my pony coliking, def helps I wont be without it, and many livery have used it with success.
Since prior to being recommended to me I lost 2 to colic.