Can I have some vibes that the op goes ok please

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Have just dropped Pip off at the vets to be spayed. She was so excited to be going out in the car this morning. I'm feeling very guilty
frown.gif
and worrying myself stupid.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Sending loads of vibes, I am sure she will be fine, but I know what you mean about feeling guilty. You now need to keep yourself busy and not sit by the phone waiting for the vets to call or it will seem a very long day.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Thank you. Would have loved to have puppies out of her as she has fantastic breeding and a wonderful temperment but circumstances meant it was impractical so the decision was made
frown.gif

How the heck do I keep a hyper spangle calm for the next few weeks without her having her springer time? Bless her she will be climbing the walls!

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Its going to be an interesting couple of weeks thats for sure!
Can I walk her on lead more or less straight away? And when is it safe for her to return to her normal off lead exercise?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
It is usually ten days short lead walking?
I would give her a day's rest following the op, unless she is bouncing off the walls.

Nothing that will involve jumping, twisting, stretching = tearing!

Blue-bear

Visit site
I had the same with my collie bitch who does nothing but run all day long. I found she was quite happy to sit quietly for that evening and the next day or 2, then she felt fine and thats where she began to hate me having to take her out on a lead to even go to the toilet etc.
It was hard work but well worth it as she has healed beautifully.
Did notice a dramtic change in her behaviour though and she became very stubborn and verging on disobdient at times, she getting better now but this is something thats fairly common i believe but the vets dont warn you about that bit!

JACQSZOO

Visit site
O great! Shes stubborn at the best of times lol. I had my collie done, ohhhhh 10 or 11 years ago now, I can't remember how I kept her quiet though! But I did only have her at the time so was probably a lot easier!

Shes going to be a nightmare in the garden, its huge and she runs round like something demented chasing squirrels and anything else she catch unawares. Trouble is she won't do her business whilst on a lead <sigh>. We also have two other dogs and they all like to play - lots!

I thought I could do lots of quiet training with her in the house to try and tire her mentally. The rest is going to be a battle of wills I think. She is crate trained so she will go in there when we are not around to keep her calm (yea right roflmao)

How long did you keep her on the lead for?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Evie has had an on lead spell just recently ( lame due to constant looning). She is very reluctant to go to the loo whilst on lead but she eventually got the idea. Involved some chilly time in the garden tho
frown.gif
. They usually recover pretty quickly from spaying, which is the problem as they want to do more than they can, once her stitches out she will be able to be a bit more active but just keep it steady. Good time to do lots of little training exercises, keeping her brain busy will stop her getting frustrated at the lack of exercise.