Can someone give me a rundown on coloured showing classes pls?

royal

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to do my first season of 'affiliated' showing with my tri coloured in 2010, however, although I've shown at local level and have researched coloured classes on t'internet, I'm still a bit confused!!
Are the only showing classes for coloureds the CHAPS or BSPA?? If so, does anyone now how I go about getting schedules? I have no transport so need the classes to be as close to Notts as possible otherwise it will be very expensive indeed!!
What about county shows?? do you need to qualify somewhere to enter?
Basically I need an idiots guide!!
Also, does anyone know if the judge rides in the upto 15hh classes? I've read the rule book for chaps and understand that its just an individual show with no ride judge in this class but how do you find rule books for county level?? Or are they run by CHAPS & BSPA???

I know I'm probably being Mrs Tim Nice but Dim, but any help would be appreciated!!

Baileys cheesecake for getting through the ramble!!

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Cant help with the showing
grin.gif
sorry but where do you get balieys cheescake from I want some
wink.gif

royal

Visit site
We had some at our works xmas do AB - it was goooorgeous!!! the chef was a mate of ours - must ask where we can get it from!!

hippomaniac

Visit site
county shows are generally BSPA or CHAPS and would be qualifiers for RIHS (BSPA) or HOYS (CHAPS) in order to show your coloured in these classes you would need to be a member of the relevant society and also your horse would need to be registerd with the society as well. The judge would not generally ride the upto 15hh horses. hope this helps.

royal

Visit site
ooh thanks for that....so that gives me a county show very close by for me to aim for then....
next problem is horse height - with shoes on, she is a fraction over 15hh....think I may have to try to sort out a height cert.

Am I right in thinking that you can't wear spurs in a the smaller class too?

hippomaniac

Visit site
yes you should have your horse measured with JMB and he will be measured without his shoes on, spurs are not generally worn in the smaller height classes.
have fun

royal

Visit site
I've been trying to digest the chaps /bspa rule books and there doesn't seem to be an upper limit. Its upto 15hh (153 cm) and over 15hh...
thanks hippomaniac....will have a look at the jmb website to see what that entails!

Stinkywellies

Visit site
Hi

You can compete at county shows but you have to be reg with CHAPS etc if you win to enable you to quailfy for RHIS or HOYS - if that makes sense.

THe CHAPS website i very helpful.

Have fun