can they do this?!

Alex_kate

Visit site
have just been to the local tack shop and spotted an add for an equestrian centre/livery yard, only noticed it becasue the main picture is of me and my horse!! its us jumping at a show in 05, its a proffesional pic.
can they just use that without my permission even though i am not connected in anyway to their place?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I assume if photographer owns the pic/copyright, provided they have their permission then yes, probably, but don't know for sure. Bloody cheek though!!!

Hullabaloo

Visit site
A local photographer put a photo of me jumping my old horse on his advertising board at a local equestrian centre. To be honest I was quite flattered. It was a lovely photo.

Hullabaloo

Visit site
In that case I would ask them to change it. The worst they can do is say no. If they won't threaten to put stickers on any posters you see dissociating yourself from the yard. Their advertising won't look so good then.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Just email them saying you don't want photos of your15 year old daughter used as their advertising.
wink.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
I had a pic of me and Merlin used for the web site for the home page of Tilford and Rushmoor Riding Club (trrc.co.uk) if you want a peek.

But I am nothing to do with their club and not a member, just competed there once!!

But to be honest I am that shallow that I was delighted
blush.gif
Would have been nice to get a copy!!

Edited to say, have just checked and its still there about two years after we competed there!! Obvious which horse is merlin!!