Can u recommend...................

Hattikins

Visit site
a good make of bridle?? i have decided to buy a new bridle for my youngster as when she came we bought her a cheapy and now that is really only acceptable for home use. I was thinking about a stubben but what does everyone else think??It will be used in competition - ie. eventing, sjing and dressage mainly.

Thankyou

JessPickle

Visit site
I have a lovely Jefferies bridle has stayed really nice and scrubs up really well, but I also know stubben ones are great too

peterthepony

www.bebo.com
I really like the Jeffries ones but Stubben ones are very nice!!!
grin.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I like Stubben. Requisite seem to be doing some really nice tack too- worth a look!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found that requisite tack allthough it looks nice never really softens

RunToEarth

Visit site
I have stubben for hunting and find it fantastic, and gp jeffries which is really good in all this foul weather during winter!

Hattikins

Visit site
i think Hattie's bridle is a shires one-was about £40 and it is alright but is stretching in all the wrong places and the leather is going floppy and sagging rather than going soft and supple
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

so far looks like a toss up between stubben and jefferies
wink.gif

Has anyone got an albion bridle?

CastleMouse

Visit site
Stubbens are gorgeous! I have one Berney Brothers bridle and two Geologic bridles. Stubbens are very pricey though, Jeffries are also quite nice.

Hattikins

Visit site
yer i know they r pricey-have got one for Fiddler and it is still pretty much in the same condition now as it was 3years ago and that is day in and day out use-i think it probably will be worth it

meandmyself

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like Stubben. Requisite seem to be doing some really nice tack too- worth a look!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found that requisite tack allthough it looks nice never really softens

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip- just been looking at the site. Worth knowing.
smile.gif

barneyandem

Visit site
Ive got two Stubbens-one for everyday and one for special as i couldnt decide which i prefered!lol!
Both are gorgeous, fit really well and look as good as the day i bought them!

Emily99

Visit site
I've got a £15 bridle i got form hickstead last year for at home.. will prob get a new one for the coming year on thurs cos even though its not very good leather its lasted!

For shows i've got a GFS advantage with a grackle etc which i need for steering/brakes. The leathers english, good quality and after about 9months use theres no real wear on it at all! Can recommend their bridles anyway. The James Sterling quality bridles from Shires are pretty good.. i think the one you describe is the cheaper version.

Hattikins

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The James Sterling quality bridles from Shires are pretty good.. i think the one you describe is the cheaper version.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope it was that one!!

Hattikins

Visit site
oooooo may have to consider them too then!!!!!! it just looks as if they have really thick and padded nose bands which wont suit her???

omrl

Visit site
The thing with stubben is that they get lighter in colour and apparently the leather isnt that good quality you just pay for the make. I'd recomment jefferies or albion, had mine for ages and its still in such good condition.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive got a kieffer (comfort) bridle for one of my boys and im really pleased with it, the leather is very soft and didn't require too much softening... I would highly recommend one. Ive also got a stubben bridle with a split headpiece and i absolutely love it, having said that though when i was looking around for my last bridle i wasn't all that impressed on the quality of the stubbens the leather seemed extremely hard and bulky, but whether it was just the bridles i picked up at the time i don't know. Here is a link to my boys kieffer bridle:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1196555/an/0/page/0#1196555

Hope this works!!

Frazer

Visit site
I like the John Wittaker and Mark Todd Bridles. I have a Mexian John Wittaker bridle in caramel for BSJA and it fits perfectly and defently turns heads at shows. Mark Todd Bridles fit well but are expensive.

Nikiolola

Visit site
I have a Jefferies - had to have it made up for me though because I'm picky (noseband musn't have a flash, must be raised and a little bit of detail, but not too much
laugh.gif
wink.gif
) and I'm really pleased with it. It looks really good after several months of everyday use. It doesn't get cleaned as much as it should and yet still looks and feels wonderful. Suits my horse too.

susan_w

Visit site
It may have been said already but I haven't got time to read all the posts.

Stubben are the best imo. You can expect to spend about £140 - £50 for a good one. Have fun shopping.

JAK

Visit site
CB has a Stubben bridle & I absolutely love it!
Looks very smart, is nice to clean, leather holds up well if it gets really wet (& it has! LOL) & seems nice & comfy for him - leather is soft but not too soft if you know what I mean?
I would definitely buy another one & as for 'fading', the colour has lasted a lot better that the Sabre ones have, which are beginning to look distinctly kn*ckered now!

majorpoops

New User
Visit site
I have a lovley treadstone bridle. They are pretty reasonably priced and do comfort bridles, snaffle without flash etc which is good as bridles with cavesson nose bands are hard to find. Try the Free spirits saddlery website or on e bay there is a shop called saddlery4u which sell some really nice bridles all makes. They sell stubben bridles for about 90 starting as well as rinegold, treadstone, samuel sharp etc

Hattikins

Visit site
Thankyou very much everyone will def look into kieffer bridles and completely forgot about amerigo ones
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
i will have a very good shopping trip now
grin.gif
grin.gif

dont think i will go for a JW as i find they look very sjery and she is very def more of an eventer-i think it would look funny on her and she needs a dark brown or havana bridle.

I think i will go for something that is on the slightly more expensive side seeing as im only using it in competition and it must look smart and do the job
wink.gif
grin.gif

thanks guys
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif