Can we start a 2012 winter boot thread?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
They are neoprene so should stretch fine... They are unisex and not made solely for equestrian use and I have seen hefty men wear them at the point to point so I really wouldn't worry :)

trendybraincell

Visit site
My Muck boot company ones were brilliant but I found they cracked on the side around the ball of my foot, probably only lasted a year before they let too much water in!

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
NOT Toggi Blenheim yard boots. Bought mine in jan this year and loved them because they were warmer than wellies and comfortable. But the only thing that makes them waterproof is the lining which wore through quite quickly and now they leak like a sieve (even walking through wet grass). They only have light use as I only have one horse that I visit twice a day so I'm not in them all day.
I'll be looking at the muck boots as a replacement then.

Get on to your supplier and send them back to Toggi who are really Good and they should exchange them they want to know if they have problems with their products unlike Dublin or Sherwood

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
I'd be marching them back to where I got them and expecting them to return them to Ariat for an exchange or refund ! 6 months light wear ! they're having a laugh.

I did this with mountain horse, took a while but got a new pair and they've been fine, haven't worn them an awful lot but they seem ok. Not sure I'd buy another pair though, its put me off.

I've just got a pair of fuller fillies country boots, so will let you know how I get on with them.

Co I got them off couldn't have been more helpful, topgear equestrian, higly recommend and £10 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them, plus selling a fleece for 1p with the boots ! Free delivery and they came next day !

I also have a pair of Avon muckboot co, I've had them before, AMAZING grip in ice and snow, I have a pair of the grippers you can get from bettaware on my other boots, I tend to keep them on a pair so I don't have to keep swapping from boot to boot !

Further to above, I received boots which after wearing over 2 days I found leaked, I'd ordered another pair for 'best' which I quickly cancelled and have returned them, I am now awaiting refund of them, will let you know if I don't get refund. I will also contact Fuller Fillies to complain.

Annagain

Visit site
After two pairs of Hunters lasted me 11 years (the first ones only went because I outgrew them and my mum still wears them occasionally about 8 years on) my last set only lasted 18 months so I swtiched to Ariat Mudbusters which only lasted a year. I then read something about both companies having switched production to the far east and quality suffering. In February, I bought some Aigle Parcours boots and so far I love them. They're neoprene lined so nice and warm, really comfy, have a gusset for wider legs and although I haven't had mine long enough to test their longevity, my YO who practically lives in them, has had hers 5 years and they still look pretty new. The only slight issue with them is short socks keep falling down in them as I think they're a tiny bit big so my foot slides around. Not that big a deal, I've just bought some longer socks! They're roughly on a par pricewise with Hunters etc, I think I paid around £70 for them and they look like they're going to last much longer.

Slave2Magic

Visit site
I still have a pair of 7 year old Hunters going strong from the pre crap production era.:) I also wear mudrucker riding boots if its cold or a pair of De Walt rigger boots if it's cold and wet.

Doogle

Visit site
Has anyone tried the Dublin Eskimo boots? Thinking of buying a pair as on offer at local store and will be cheaper than Ariat Windemere boots, which I was thinking of getting. Thanks.:confused:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Oh, while I remember one other good thing about them is that because they are "fitted" and not gaping open at the top, my age old problem of hay collecting in wellies and also losing them in deep mud has been eliminated because they are firmly suctioned to my leg :)

This ^^, really helpful!

Do Muck boots stretch over chubby lower legs?! I can't fit in Hunters (how embarrassing!)

Believe me, they will fit but you may need to fold them down to get them on and I need a boot jack to get them off! My calves are 20 inches.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Hi-tec walking boots and walking gaiters are what I use in winter, they last me years. Wellies of course if needed but 'horsey' boots just dont cut it these days. I wear dublin boots to ride in.