Can you afford these dogs

MurphysMinder

Visit site
What's the scam? Would people actually ever consider parting with that sort of money for a dog??

The scam is that you could not get a pure bred pug in that colour, so this is obviously a cross breed. People do pay that money, and more, for top winning dogs in my breed , and I'm sure many others, but not quite the same as 4 figures for a cross.:(

giddyupalfie

Visit site
What a joke!

Although I do think the black & tan lad is really cute :p wouldn't pay that much even if I had that kind of money though, just ridiculous.

satinbaze

Visit site
They look like pug x chihuahua rather than full pug. The coat is far longer than I would expect in a pug as well as the coat colours.

Echo24

Visit site
Blatantly not full pugs and any numpty who buys them would not know the first thing about pugs!

Mind you Harrods sell puppies for thousands and they clearly have a demand for them...

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I wonder if anyone, before parting with that amount of dosh for those pups, are savvy enough to demand a DNA test?

Luci07

Visit site
the sort of people who could afford this probably wouldn't bother with DNA tests. Personally the adage of a fool and their money springs to mind!

Maisie2

Visit site
Just looked at the ad. and see that sellers details have been removed:confused: I can't believe that anyone would spend that kind of money on a dog :eek::eek: Don't look particularly attractive to me and although I know nothing about pugs the nose doesn't look quite right to me - not squashed enough ! (that's a technical description :))

Elsiecat

Visit site
I want the tan one!!!!!
But no, if I was about to part with that much money I'd be doing research and ask for a DNA test!

s4sugar

Visit site
The scam is these pups are not pugs but are mutts and the adverts around the world usually get placed by a "seller" in LITHUANIA!

I used the quotation marks around seller as the money gets taken and pups not supplied according to a bit of googling.
The same source has French bulldogs also in "rare" colours.

DNA testing would probably not help as it would match the parents. The substitutions in the pedigree would be at grandparent level.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Well I am probably going to be shot down for this but I think they are lovely looking little things and far more attractive than a pedigree pug. (Sorry) If someone is going to pay that much for any dog they need their heads examined but if they do its their money to do as they please with and as long as the dogs are healthy I blame the people prepared to pay rather than the breeder taking advantage.

SaharaS

Visit site
Well I'm probably going to get shot down for thinking they are fugly and I wouldn't take one as a gift :eek:

Staffugshire bull terriers me thinks....one of the pics looks too staffy like face on:D

ETA..would help if I looked at the right link...they were Jugs..what ever those are..but I wouldn't try drinking out of one thats for sure

moppett

Visit site
Eurgh its my absolute pet hate people buying dogs! I understand why, but I just see so many dogs that need homes without fuelling the market for pet dog owners (I totally understand the breeding of dogs for working and showing purposes), although the price tag on the fake pugs (to go in a fake gucci handbag?) is crazy, I think buying a dog for £200 has the same effect as buying a dog for £2000.

And I'm ashamed to admit it, a member of my family paid £2000 for a dog! :eek: