Can you get Burghley tickets at the gate?

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Was hoping to go up to Burghley for two days- just wanted to check that you are guaranteed to be able to get dressage tickets and car passes at the gate for both thurs and fri? It's a four hour drive for me and am worried about not being able to get in...

vallin

Visit site
You can get the tickets and passes but you're unlikely to be able to get the good seats as these are ticketed, but you should be able to get a seat in the standard ones which are free :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
They only sell tickets for the member's stand on the dressage days, so there is always one grandstand that is free for people to wander in and out of. Its never full, or hasn't been on the years I've been.

Shame you can't take dogs in. Wonder if I can make our two nutty labs look like guide dogs!!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We never get tickets for the show jumping. They have a huge screen showing it next to the bar at Discovery Valley, so we sit there and watch. The warm up arena is right behind that, so you get to see them warm up (which I always find really interesting) and be interviewed afterwards. I much prefer it to being in the seats, and you can shop for last minute bargains while it is all really quiet!

Dottie

Visit site
Does anyone know by chance that if you turn up in a Land Rover you get cheaper parking?? I only ask as they seem to park most of the Landys together and wondered if there was a little club! :-D

Thistle

Visit site
If you are going on Sat and take your Landy keys (don't need the actual car) you can get into the free hospitality bit near the Lion Bridge water. last year there were seats, drinks etc and a good view of the 2nd water.

CatStew

Visit site
If you are going on Sat and take your Landy keys (don't need the actual car) you can get into the free hospitality bit near the Lion Bridge water. last year there were seats, drinks etc and a good view of the 2nd water.

Another reason why OH should buy me a landy!!

OP, yes you can, but leave plenty early enough as the traffic does get held up a lot!