Can you go half and inch smaller with a saddle

Langley

Visit site
My horse is normally a 17.5" GP saddle, i am looking into buying a dressage saddle, which i have seen one at a good price but it is 17" would this course too much trouble for my horse?

Many Thanks

Sabrina

showqa

Visit site
Well, should get an expert eye to look at it on your horse but I've always found that going up half an inch if the horse is too short in the back is more problematic to the horse than the other way around - unless it's a LOT too short of course. Seat size I think, as a general rule, is more pertinent to the rider. (Preparing to be shot by someone!!!)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Yep, more pertinent to the rider, sometimes it actually helps with fitting a tricky horse even if they can take a larger saddle. Downside is that it doesn't spread the weight so far of course, but if the rider fits the saddle, no problem at all.

Diddleydoo

Visit site
Seat size I think, as a general rule, is more pertinent to the rider. (Preparing to be shot by someone!!!)

I think this is correct (so it's you and me getting shot ;) )

I was advised by my saddle fitter to go for 16.5 rather than 17 as I am small. The saddle is great for both of us.