Can you help me value my horse please...

wench

Visit site
As he will be going for sale soon (well about a month).

14 yo 16.1 tb x id gelding. Well bred sire Coille Mor Hill Irish ID SJ out of a TB mare. He is a pretty much bombproof hack, rarely spooks, and is happy to plod or go fast, whichever you want. He actually better on his own than in company, but will hack out in company fine (as long as hes not at the back of an enormous ride going flat out with a numpty rider).

Has done a couple of novice BE events, not placed, but did get round, also has about £16 BSJA winnings. He's hunted and been on riding club dressage teams with previous owner. He's good to catch and load, his only real problem is he is a bit grumpy in the stable; would probably be an ideal PC horse for ambitious teenager, and a nice hack for mum.

He has done an intro BE event this year, and will be aimed at a couple more later on this year. Any idea at all on price would be helpful, as I really dont have a clue.

Halfstep

Visit site
He sounds like a poppet! I've always had a soft spot for Coille Mor Hill, who I used to see jumping in Ireland when I lived there.

Regarding price, how much/little would you be happy with?
Upsides, he sounds like a fun, easy horse. Downsides, he's 14 (which isn't old but realistically in a few years he will be in his late teens), and he has limited competition experience.

What does he look like? Is he black like his dad? If he's particularly pretty or flashy, you can always add a bit on to the price.

Otherwise, I'd say 3.5K-4.5K.

wench

Visit site
He hasn't done anything wrong at all; see post below - just lost my best horse (Henry) - always bought Trigger to sell on so I figure I may as well do it now, then I can get a nice Henry replacement.

wench

Visit site
Yes he is apparantly quite good - chap at yard took him a couple of times as his second horse - jumped loads of big stuff. He's from Ireland anyway, so I would assume he had a good dose of it when he was younger.

Cruiseonamiro

Visit site
Reading it I thought about 4k... but think at the moment you will get what people will pay and people are always on the look out for nice PC horses that will event... so maybe a little more :) sorry about Henry :(

ihatework

Visit site
Where abouts are you? Will he live out?
Got a lady on my yard, fairly inexperienced but not a complete novice looking for hack & rc dressage, and something her 21yo daughter can do some RC jumping on.
If you could PM me his details I'll pass them on.