Can you help?

Geek

Visit site
A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Craig Nicolai and his beloved 4* eventer, Spida, aka Just Ironic. I haven't seen him recently because our paths went seperate ways but I had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with them for a few months and I just want to clarify that I'm not going to gain anything by this post and so it is in no way advertising or self gain, I just remember how much Craig loved Spida and what a lovely, genuine man he was.

Some of you may have heard how Spida was seized at Hartpury. Craig has put the full explanation up here (I hope it works!!):

https://www.facebook.com/craig.nicolai.5/posts/10153592202060536

Craig has owned Spida since he was two and done everything himself to get him to 4* level and has to be a true inspiration to all other one horse owners out there who dare to dream! He has now been told that the best thing he can do is raise the money to buy Spida back. Even a tenner would go a long way in this case. Craig has put more information on his facebook page and if you look further back you can enjoy seeing the amazing bond they have. I haven't been involved in this story but I genuinely believe that Craig would never do anything fraudulent or malicious and I can't comprehend what he is going through at the moment, if someone seized my horse I would be inconsolable, so please share his story and lets see what we can do to help!

A page has been setup to allow for this but I'm worried that the post will get removed if I link to it but there is a link on his fb page.

Barnacle

Visit site
May I ask - this is the first I've heard of this - what is the other side of this story? I mean, what claim is being made? From what is written in what you linked, there is no claim of fraud or malice in the first place - only lost stud fees and some miscommunication. Is there some allegation of fraud/malice as well? If there is, I think anyone considering helping would want to know what it is first. I only ask because of what you've said in your post - perhaps you weren't referring to anything though! I do think the situation sounds awful for him though and can only imagine what they are going through!