Can you recommend a saddler in Essex?

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I may just may be looking to buy a dressage saddle, so I am looking for a saddler that would be able to come out and let me try various saddles on George. Unfortunately I have a fairly tight budget so would definately need to consider secondhand and synthetic saddles as well as cheaper new ones.

Can anyone recommend a good saddler who might fit the bill, I am near to Brentwood.

Thanks
smile.gif

HelenSmith

Visit site
Hi there!

You are right down the road to me.

John from Longwood is fantastic. He spent 2 hours with me when I bought Josie's saddle. He usually has quite a few second hand saddles too.

xx

Stoxx

Visit site
Hi Trish,
I have never used him myself and I don't know what he is like as a saddler, however a friend of mine also used John from Longwood. She was on a budget and ended up with a lovely 2nd hand kieffer which she is really happy with.

Twiglet

Visit site
I always use John Rowe, really rate him (although there are those that don't, but that's always the way with saddlers!)

JosieJo!! How are you??

Governor

Visit site
I used Bob Judd at Juddpurs for my dressage saddle. He's actually based in Suffolk but charges the same (or less) to come out as Batchelors (who I also rate) who are under 2 miles from my yard.

Batchelors check my saddles for me now, though I keep hearing they no longer check saddles they didn't sell. I'm dropping some repairs in this afternoon so i'll check that.

Bob had quite a few second hand and synthetic dressage saddles as I remember but I part exchanged my GP in order to buy a new dressage saddle.