Can you see pups on this scan

Mousey brown

New User
Visit site
I had my dog scanned 35 days post mating scanner said possibly 4 pups personally I can’t see anything I took this photo with my mobile I have a English bull dog
Thankyou

Attachments

• FB234BC2-D18B-4AC2-84DD-EF7715F185B7.jpeg
    FB234BC2-D18B-4AC2-84DD-EF7715F185B7.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 46

SOS

Visit site
A scan can only tell you whether there are heart beats or not. An X-ray allows you to count the spines but unless absolutely necessary you shouldn’t really be putting a pregnant bitch under, especially a brachycephalic one.

She will likely need a c-section with her breed anyway, so you will find the pups out then! Good luck, all the best for her and her pups.

Mousey brown

New User
Visit site
A scan can only tell you whether there are heart beats or not. An X-ray allows you to count the spines but unless absolutely necessary you shouldn’t really be putting a pregnant bitch under, especially a brachycephalic one.

She will likely need a c-section with her breed anyway, so you will find the pups out then! Good luck, all the best for her and her pups.
Thankyou she’s going to the vets on Friday so hopefully will give me a section date then x

Mousey brown

New User
Visit site
I think I can see 2 but this is the woman who couldn't see babies on scan photos until she had her own so yeah :)

Hope all goes well.
Thankyou she was supposed to go to the vets but my daughter got sent home from school isolate so we couldn’t go but we’re out of isolation on Friday so at 2:00 Friday we will be at the vets she will be 63 days from first mating on Friday so cutting it close if she is in fact pregnant

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Thankyou she was supposed to go to the vets but my daughter got sent home from school isolate so we couldn’t go but we’re out of isolation on Friday so at 2:00 Friday we will be at the vets she will be 63 days from first mating on Friday so cutting it close if she is in fact pregnant

Blimey that is cutting it close. Is she a maiden cos they often whelp early, and if you're having an elective section, which I presume you are given her breed, then someone will have to get her to the vets.

Mousey brown

New User
Visit site
Yes she is a maiden I have the vets on standby so if she shows signs of labour before hand my next door neighbour will rush her to the vets for me it’s such a horrible situation to be in we have to self isolate until tomorrow so hopefully she’ll be fine tonight and be seen at 2:00 tomorrow she isn’t showing any signs of labour and her temp is still very normal

satinbaze

Visit site
If you are taking her temperature everyday that is fantastic as 24 hours before W helping her temperature will drop 1degreeC. I have found this a very reliable method to predict going into labour. I usually start about 7 days before the due date so I have a good idea of the bitches normal temperature and write it on my calendar.