Can You tow with a 2000 Honda CRV 2L Automatic???

Julie241173

New User
Visit site
I have a Honda CRV W reg (2000) 2L Automatic and I am getting very confused with all the discussions on what you can and can't tow.

My husband has a pre 1997 licence so I think I am ok there but the towing capacity is what is really confusing me. I have read the cars manual and it reads " with brakes: AT: 1200KG MT: 1500KG " But looking on the websites I am getting different information about the CRV's. A lot of them stating that they are a good towing vehicle. It's making me dizzy with confusion.

I have a 15'3 Vanner Cob that weighs approx. 850KG. If what I have read and understand is correct I would have to find a trailer that is approx 650KG max !! According to the manual. Please tell me I don't have to buy a bigger towing machine :( Any advice would be much appreciated.

ROG

Visit site
To be certain check vehicle weight plate which is usually hidden under bonnet or in a door frame

Need top two of the four figures on that plate

Deduct top figure from second figure and that will usually give the max towing capacity

Towing capacity is the total weight the vehicle can tow behind it safely so that is the actual weight of the trailer plus whats in the trailer

you sure the horse is that heavy?

Julie241173

New User
Visit site
Thank you I will have a look in the car tomorrow. I am going to weigh my boy tomorrow to be sure. With all these figures I am getting confused x

Craigendrider17

New User
Visit site
Unfortunately not 2, but you can tow one! the towing capacity for the cvr at a 2ltr engine is 1500 so that will be a trailer and a small horse.
Unless you invest in a one horse trailer your horse won't be safe in the trailer :)