Can you wear a stock with a tie collar shirt?

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
So, I'm really new to dressage and I hopefully will be doing my first test on Wednesday. However I don't have a stock shirt, but I have ordered a stock and I have a white shirt with a tie collar, is it possible to wear it like that? Thanks in advance and apologies for the slightly stupid question! :eek:

Batgirl

Visit site
Not a stupid question, we all start somewhere.

If it were me I would simply wear a tie with your normal shirt until you have the stock shirt. I am presuming it is unaffiliated so smart is the aim.

If you don't mind butchering your shirt you could simply take the flap part of the tie shirt off and you have a simple stock collar :)

Two easy options, and good luck!

Angelbones

Visit site
We've done it to improvise at the last minute when hunting. You need to put the button hole of the stock onto the shirt collar button and then do the stock as normal (being a stock you tie rather than a ready tied one) and the result is perfectly acceptable. Don't know if it works with a ready tied stock though, sorry.

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
Okay thanks for all the replies! I will try it on with my tie shirt. If that doesn't look right, is it better to wear the shirt and tie with a show jacket or tweed?

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I do affiliated in tweed and a shirt and tie most of the time! So no need to stress, just have fun, it'll be fine and you won't be the only one wearing a tie or tweed! I only had a tweed jacket to start as I showed my horse as a SHP too when I first started. I also ride in a GP too up to Elementary level!