Can you xc in a head torch?!

Bobella

Visit site
Just seen our times for ALW UA on Monday, sj 5.15, xc 5.55... sunset 5.46!
Let's hope everyone gets on with it and they run ahead of time!

becca1305

Visit site
Ooh thats pushing a little late! Although the light isnt gone now till about 6.20 but fingers crossed for you they run on time!
Ive got good times :) first one on around 11am, then completely finish the first one and an hour to get the second one ready before her DR :).

Luci07

Visit site
Really? that is downright dangerous. Jumping in poor light at the end of the day.. I would query it. You might want a run but that is pushing it a bit too far and I would feel somewhat aggrieved as it makes you uncompetitive as well if you are struggling to see!

Bobella

Visit site
Whenever we've been before they've always run ahead, so if it's a bright day we should be ok, but if they get behind we could be struggling!
Fingers crossed the day goes to plan for everyone!

mil1212

Visit site
Gosh that's late. If they have any hold ups on course you'd be struggling, and if its a gloomy sort of day, it'll be quite dark by then. I'd check with the organisers, but definitely shoot straight to the xc after you have show jumped!

Bobella

Visit site
I do have every faith in the organisers and I know they are hugely safety conscious so I think we'll be guided by them.
Also think I'll be taking xc boots, bp etc to sj for a quick change!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Hmm, well as they appear to be running at less than 2 minute intervals and have five horses scheduled to go at 17.55, with the last horse at 17.57 (43 horses scheduled to run in an hour) they'll be wanging them round pretty fast which means if there's a fall there's less time to clear the course for the next horse, increasing the likelihood of a hold, meaning they'll have to run the horses through even faster in order to make the time up. Wonder if the last dozen will get to run.

At least at Isleham we're getting the last round at 17.18, in theory.

Interesting that under BE rules Aston are only prepared to put the last round at 17.22, although still at a high rate of horses per hour, but UA they run for nearly 40 minutes longer.

SusieT

Visit site
surprised they;re allowed to do that-given that riders have been killed before running at similar times when horses just don't seem to have seen fences.. i'd be querying it1

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Its not BE so they can technically do what they like. I certainly wouldn't want to be running that late and I actually notice they have 5 combinations due to run at 5:55 which basically means they have done that so no one has a 6pm time! counting on running early and withdrawals I expect I seriously hope there are no hold ups as those running late will surely get stopped from running at all!

Nicnac

Visit site
Only positive is that weather forecast is fab for Monday so hopefully light will hold - rather you than I! Good luck :)

amage

Visit site
Would have thought at this time of year especially UA that it would make sense to do what is sometimes seen on the continent....sj & xc first and the dressage later in the day! I was riding at 6pm last night and within ten mins needed floodlights on and it was a lovely clear night, i was only doing flatwork and no jumping