"Cancelled due to weather conditions"

meleeka

Visit site
I have things to do both days this weekend. One horse related and one not. I don’t think either will cancel but they will be affected by low numbers I’m sure.

I think this is part of the reason we don’t have many shows locally. A few years ago we had an awful summer and every one was cancelled. A lot just haven’t bothered again.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have planned for it this weekend, today we have an afternoon local dressage on a surface, tomorrow going for a lesson in an indoor arena.

It is galling though, last week we had planned her first XC schooling session, and as she had no back shoes on we cancelled and I lost the £. The risk of slipping was too great as the ground was hard with freshly slippery grass on top.

This week she has been shod all round, so we can at least up our hacking routes, but until the weather clears up we will likely be mostly arena bound.

Feel more sorry for Bolesworth though. Know a few people who were going in a professional capacity, one as a groom and one as a trade stand. Gutted for them.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I have planned for it this weekend, today we have an afternoon local dressage on a surface, tomorrow going for a lesson in an indoor arena.

It is galling though, last week we had planned her first XC schooling session, and as she had no back shoes on we cancelled and I lost the £. The risk of slipping was too great as the ground was hard with freshly slippery grass on top.

This week she has been shod all round, so we can at least up our hacking routes, but until the weather clears up we will likely be mostly arena bound.

Feel more sorry for Bolesworth though. Know a few people who were going in a professional capacity, one as a groom and one as a trade stand. Gutted for them.
I was told about Bolesworth yesterday. It’s running but with no spectators, is that right?
That will be a very weird atmosphere!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
My dogfest day on sat is off...and my VIP day at Bolesworth Sunday is off.. 💦😭 yes Bolesworth is competitors only. No public access as the car parking is under water and access road is flooded too.

Antw23uk

Visit site
The local one day event near me has just been cancelled for this weekend. Gutted for everyone involved! Last year everything was being cancelled because the ground was too hard and now this! time for a new hobby i think!

TRECtastic

Visit site
Not horsey but I'm supposed to be doing a triathlon tomorrow but the swim part has had to be cancelled as the current is too fast and the water quality not clean enough 🤢
So it's now a duathlon, run - bike - run

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
A local agricultutral show near me was cancelled at the last minute last Saturday - 7.30 that morning - and I can't imagine that anything will be happening this weekend. My fields are water-logged and we are at the top of a hill!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Lovely weather over here, though.

There's been a bit of rain over the past week, but nothing disastrous. And considerably cooler than the same period last year.

Very comfortable weather.

StableMum

Visit site
There were two local ODEs that we could have entered this Sunday. Sods law went for the one that is now cancelled.

catkin

Visit site
Although it's sad for individual events and people, it has been ever thus.

Over the years I've been to our county show in heatwaves, hail, gales, downpours and everything in-between. Same with local shows and the village fete (which always had the classic words 'in village hall if wet' on the posters)
This is just part of the temperate climate we have in the UK

Red-1

Visit site
My first weekend engagement has gone well, the dressage on a surface. The rain stopped just as I went out to tack up, and started again once she was back in the lorry! In the middle she tried her heart out. The warm up was a bit mushy in places, but the actual arena was pristine.

Indoor lesson tomorrow, after 5am start :p

Chippers1

Visit site
Not horsey but I'm supposed to be doing a triathlon tomorrow but the swim part has had to be cancelled as the current is too fast and the water quality not clean enough 🤢
So it's now a duathlon, run - bike - run
Is this the one in Nottingham? Just watching it on tv! I don't think I'd want to swim in the trent 🤢 If it is or isn't, good luck!

Red-1

Visit site
Hey, I had bad luck for a while, and have had a fantastic lesson indoors today, so will share that!

We did it mostly in walk, moving her through bends laterally as well as working on collection and towards walk pirouettes. Also playing at stretching her then collecting her, without creating tension, using half halts to keep light. Then quite a lot of trot work too, first time I have really got her connected and I was so excited when I felt her back rise and her really be put together in a way she could move that I had to stop for a congratulatory rest! Big smiles all round.

Our canter has been a bit adversarial. If I do long and low she is happy but we have not really progressed. If I tried to collect her up a bit she has been grumpy. She is quite a sensitive horse (the sort where you can't think about a transition or she has done it before I have sorted myself out to actually ask) and I have been making her fed up as I have been sitting twisted against her movement. Moved my shoulders to point round the circle and voila, she is a happy bunny!

We didn't do too much canter as I was so busy having a congratulatory rest, and feeling bad that I have been blocking her. She is cool!

I have soooooo missed having lessons. Don't know why I didn't start them sooner, I have had her for a year already nod just played round doing very little!

TRECtastic

Visit site
Is this the one in Nottingham? Just watching it on tv! I don't think I'd want to swim in the trent 🤢 If it is or isn't, good luck!

Yes that was the one . Thank goodness the swim was cancelled as the Trent looked very fast and very murky.

As i came running up the blue carpet I was thinking there's a lot of TV cameras pointing at me , then the commentator announces here she is coming down the blue carpet, I'm thinking wow they're making a big fuss of me. The commentator says former Olympic champion and I realise Becky Adlington is behind me and the cameras are for her 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Yes that was the one . Thank goodness the swim was cancelled as the Trent looked very fast and very murky.

As i came running up the blue carpet I was thinking there's a lot of TV cameras pointing at me , then the commentator announces here she is coming down the blue carpet, I'm thinking wow they're making a big fuss of me. The commentator says former Olympic champion and I realise Becky Adlington is behind me and the cameras are for her 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's brilliant!! I love triathln and one of the great things about it is being able to compete over the same course, alongside elite athletes. But my first ever tri was the London Triathlon (swimming in the Thames - lovely) - and the then world Champion Simon Lessing was racing. I was finishing my 2nd to last bike lap when a whole load of camera bikes zoomed past me and were filming behind me. Next thing i know some officious TV person ushered me off the course saying I needed to get out of the way as they were filming Simon! I was made to go straight onto the run. As were all the other women who did not finish before Simon was coming through. The entire women's race had to be declared void! All because telly people don't think anything in the world is more important than telly.

Glad you had a good day, though shame about the swim.

TRECtastic

Visit site
2qa5tna.jpg

Equi

Visit site
I wish my show had been. I drove to the gate to ask how it was going to be told it would be fine. I get there with the box and get stuck in the traffic as everyone is being towed INTO the grounds. It was horrific. I had to gun it to get into the field cause everyone was getting angry waiting and just about got stopped before sliding into a car. I did one class in the pouring rain and thought to hell with this and loaded up again (didn’t even take the second horse off the box and forfitted 3 classes)

I then had to get a tow out of the field. Total shambles. ANd i came last in my class to boot lol

I don’t know if the show will be invited back to this ground - it was totally massacred.