Cannot understand what I'm doing wrong

RubysGold

Visit site
Everyone seems to wash saddle cloths in their washing machine

My last machine broke every time I attempted it. Which meant ringing a man to come fix it!!

This new machine really doesn't like them either. It stops working half way through a load. I even bought one of those orange bags to stop the hair getting into the machine.

I was trying two at a time but have just tried washing one on its own. I don't understand why it won't do it!!!

Greylegs

Visit site
I use my domestic machine too, but clean the filter after every wash because it does get clogged up. When the filter's clogged, the machine goes on strike because it can't drain properly. Do you use especially thick saddle cloths? I just use pretty standard quilted cotton ones. Try giving your filter a good clear out.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Does the washer have a setting for doing a load in extra water if does I would try that .
Also some washer don't like washing one item ( my human washer is like this ) so you could try adding in an old towel .

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Have you cleaned the filter. I have a cheapo one out in the shed for animal stuff and it has had major punishment and rarely declogged but it keeps on trucking!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I hover hair off first... and yes some washers won't do just one or two items... when I do saddle cloths/poly pads I shove a few old dog/horsey towels in too. Seems to work ok

asmp

Visit site
Also vacuum everything before I chuck it in the machine. You've reminded me I should clean out the filter as just done some saddle cloths.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Have you cleaned the filter. I have a cheapo one out in the shed for animal stuff and it has had major punishment and rarely declogged but it keeps on trucking!
Same! I bought it not to ruin our "clothes" machine. So it pretty much only ever gets abused! Yet touch wood never has a problem!

hibshobby

Visit site
I vacuum mine and then put them in an old pillow case but use a standard programme on the washing machine. Perhaps putting more in to balance the machine may help ? Good luck !

Shay

Visit site
I suspect Meredith is right - if the load becomes unbalanced the machine's safety cut out will activate. You need to check your machine's instructions to see what the maximum load weight is but generally only washing one item is more likely to trip the balance sensor. But clearly your machine has to be tough enough to also deal with a reasonably big load. Older machines don;t have a balance sensor so won't have this problem. If your filter was clogged the drum would fail to drain - but the machine would still spin.

Bericote

Visit site
I always brush /hover as much hair off as possible, pop in a pillow case and tie with a hair bobble and wash, making sure the filter is clean before and after as my machine also goes into meltdown if the filter is clogged.

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I had same problem today but with the bathroom mat after puppy was sick on it... put it in washer on its own and washer refused to spin... so shucked some old towel in too and all was good.. does seem to be a balance thing.