Can't catch horse - what next? (sorry, long!)

the watcher

Visit site
Magnesium is good but since this horse isn't competing you can throw everything at it - brewers yeast for vit B, valerian - there are a lot of products out there, many are not expensive.

Rana

Visit site
AmyMay - she only has 1 friend. This is the trick I've used in the past - has worked every single time. Until 2 weeks ago. She stands in the corner calling for her, but runs off as soon as you get near her. She's surrounded by other horses and it just isn't practical to take them all away
frown.gif
We're on a yard of approx 30 horses of which she can see 20 of them from her paddock.

Thanks mother_hen - will try a general mineral lick to start with, then I'll post again asking for advice on calmers once I can catch her (fairly) regularly and it'll actually be worth spending the money on something lol. I have £££'s of supplements sitting on my shelf doing nothing at the moment *sigh*

0ldmare

Visit site
Sorry for taking so long to reply (work interfered with my HHO time
smile.gif
)

No I really don't think Barney is scared although he is deeply suspicious. He also definitely laughs at you in the summer. He will canter round you a bit like you are lunging him, then he will walk up and stretch is neck to the max to take whatever treat us on offer and then leap away and skip off down the paddock only to return to taunt you. Do I sound bitter?
grin.gif

With him, he will often give in and let himself be caught when you are ready to give up. So if I shout at him and stomp off towards the gate he will often follow me and let himself be caught.... But not always by any stretch of the imagination!