Can't have anything.

Hepsibah

Visit site
I have an older trailer in the horse's field which I've been using to store hay, grooming stuff and sprays/pastes etc this summer as it needs the floor attending to and I've lost the key to the hitch lock.
The field is currently empty for a few weeks so it can rest a bit before the horses go back on for winter but I needed a bit of hay so went there and the gate was open. Odd, I thought, why is the gate open? I went into the field, noticed the tyre tracks and couldn't work out why there were tracks. It wasn't until I stopped looking and went to get the hay that I realised the trailer was gone. I can only imagine it's gone for scrap because in it's present condition it isn't worth anything otherwise, it's basically a bill on wheels but hell's bells, you can't have anything can you!?

Hepsibah

Visit site
I'm more incredulous than upset if I'm honest. The horses are safe in a different field and there was nothing precious in there. Unless you count the ridiculous pink saddlecloth with blingy heart on it I bought for fun and hadn't yet used. I'm going to have to get a new pot of field paste but I count myself pretty fortunate otherwise.

dorsetladette

Visit site
You honest cant believe the cheek of some people. Someone stole our young turkeys house one night last year. They broke the fence and took basically a dog kennel with a door on it and kicked the turkeys out of bed ?‍♀️ we paid a tenner for it, but cost a lot more to replace.

Visit site
I'm near Guisborough. We've circulated pics (including serial numbers) with a warning that it isn't fit for use with horses, on Facebook. I doubt we'll get it back but hopefully nobody will attempt to use it.

Ah, I am in Lincolnshire but there has been a lot around this area too. They were so quiet and had to come quite a way across the fields to get to the quad bike.

Ratface

Visit site
The above bar stewards will reappear in their next lives as something very similar to their current presentation; pieces of s***.
What goes around, comes around.

exracehorse

Visit site
Loads vans being broken into in Sudbury Suffolk. And someone broke into the outdoor kennels and stole two working cockers. It’s always this time of year. I’ve got all my tack at home.

meleeka

Visit site
If it’s an old Rice looking trailer it’s worth £700+ in the present condition. They are very popular for converting into food vans. Do check FB marketplace often as it may just end up advertised for sale.

Chippers1

Visit site
Yep we have also had a trailer stolen off our yard last week (Notts area) the thieves carried on cutting off the wheel lock as the YO was stood in the field next to them, watching them, on the phone to the police :eek: just so brazen. It makes me so mad that people just think it's fine to steal what others have saved and worked hard for to buy.

FFAQ

Visit site
You honest cant believe the cheek of some people. Someone stole our young turkeys house one night last year. They broke the fence and took basically a dog kennel with a door on it and kicked the turkeys out of bed ?‍♀️ we paid a tenner for it, but cost a lot more to replace.

What on earth is wrong with people?!

dorsetladette

Visit site
What on earth is wrong with people?!

tell me about it. We had eggs taken when there was an egg shortage in the supermarkets, I left the tea leave a note saying they were more than welcome to our lovely eggs but please come and ask - so the took 4 chickens instead! They are ex battery hens and only cost £2.50 to rehome - why would you take other peoples possessions (pets) its just really odd behaviour. C-19 certainly brought out the worst in a few people

Chianti

Visit site
Years ago I was on DIY livery right next to the A3. Arrived at the yard one Sunday morning to see my friend's horse standing casually outside my mare's stable. It took a minute to realize he didn't have his stable rug on and nor did she. Nice people must have parked in the layby on the A3, walked across quite a big field, pinched the rugs and walked back. The fact they couldn't be arsed to make sure they bolted his stable door was the cherry on the cake.

Chuffy99

Visit site
Oh please keep as updated, people up the road had theirs chained to a concrete post - they somehow got the post out and took that too!!

Visit site
Yep we have also had a trailer stolen off our yard last week (Notts area) the thieves carried on cutting off the wheel lock as the YO was stood in the field next to them, watching them, on the phone to the police :eek: just so brazen. It makes me so mad that people just think it's fine to steal what others have saved and worked hard for to buy.

pm me if you prefer but you aren’t a million miles from me and ours was a week today. Just wondering if they could be linked!