Careers

StephL

Visit site
I am after some ideas really...I am 26yrs old and I am so fed up in my current job where I have been for nearly 8 years! My current job is a desk job and is not what I want to do with the rest of my life!!

I would prefer a job in the horsey (or animal world!) in general but I have no idea where to start therefore I am looking to you kind people for some ideas of what is out there :)

youngfarmer

Visit site
I am after some ideas really...I am 26yrs old and I am so fed up in my current job where I have been for nearly 8 years! My current job is a desk job and is not what I want to do with the rest of my life!!

I would prefer a job in the horsey (or animal world!) in general but I have no idea where to start therefore I am looking to you kind people for some ideas of what is out there :)

I think we need to know a little more about your experience. Have you owned horses? Worked with horses? Helped work on horses schooling/ breaking etc? Have you been a stable hand? Show groom? Events organiser? What others animals have you worked with?

We can't really advise without some idea what your experience is :)

StephL

Visit site
Sorry, that would help wouldnt it!! I have ridden for 23 years, done showing, dressage, jumping and currently involved in polo. I have worked on a riding school, livery yard, vets yard and have backed youngsters and re-schooled ex racers.

I have a diploma in Equine Sports Massage and am happy to have to learn something new and take courses but I dont particularly want to work on a yard!

I have organised local shows and helped other people at events and also help each year organising some tournaments and the parties at our polo club

StephL

Visit site
I have been trying but no matter how much advertising, offers, discounts, talks, articles, competitions I run it is not picking up! Its very frustrating because its what I want to do long term!

Tilda

Visit site
That is frustrating could you perhaps link up with some local equine back people who may be able to recommend your work for in-between checks?

StephL

Visit site
I have linked in with a couple of vets and a laser therapy practitioner recently but nothing seems to be coming from that...any other recommendations on how to get my business off the ground would also be appreciated!!