Carl Hester, Valegro and an 11 year old girl

Velcrobum

Visit site
Ruby was a guinea pig rider at the 2 day judges seminar in November. She currently has the ride on a schoolmaster who Peter Storr said while talented he can be very difficult. He promptly refused to move after a centre line halt at the start of a test we were practice scoring. She dealt with it well and very calmly dealt with a refusal to strike off to canter later in the test. Her parents have taught her well. Nevertheless I am also somewhat jealous.

Goldenstar

Visit site
What a wonderful gent that horse is gentle and strong .
And it’s a testament to his training that he goes so happily in an outline like that ,giving a child an experiance that she will never forget .
Just the most uplifting thing to watch .

DressageCob

Visit site
The daughter of Gareth and Rebecca Hughes was bound to be talented and well trained. She's a fabulous rider. Great vaulter too...look them up on Facebook or Instagram.
She's Carl Hester's goddaughter rather than niece :)

I doubt there are many horses who have competed to Valegro's level who can be ridden by such a small child. While she is a fabulous little rider, she's tiny. He could easily take the mick, but he was lovely with her.

I'm sure little (and bigger) girls and boys up and down the country are now insanely jealous of Ruby Hughes 😄

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Preferred watching that to watching Charlotte riding him if I'm honest. 😂 But it is a testament to his training that he'll go so sweetly for a little person. I'd say I was jealous but I'm not sure I'd want to try and sit that trot.

Mule

Visit site
The daughter of Gareth and Rebecca Hughes was bound to be talented and well trained. She's a fabulous rider. Great vaulter too...look them up on Facebook or Instagram.
She's Carl Hester's goddaughter rather than niece :)

I doubt there are many horses who have competed to Valegro's level who can be ridden by such a small child. While she is a fabulous little rider, she's tiny. He could easily take the mick, but he was lovely with her.

I'm sure little (and bigger) girls and boys up and down the country are now insanely jealous of Ruby Hughes 😄
I love watching vaulting, I think it's cool that it's become more popular with kids now. It must be great for developing balance and athleticism. Unfortunately I'm not quite athletic enough to take it up nowadays :)

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely! She’s tiny and he looks like a proper chunk, in a good way. What an amazing experience and he goes beautifully for her!