Carl Hester's Elastic Rein?

SpottedCat

Visit site
I think it is a rip-off expensive version of a training aid you've been able to buy for donkeys years. Here's an example that a quick google search found - and guess what, half the price...

t_flexirein.jpg

Halfstep

Visit site
Humph. £65 for a set of reins with an elastic inset. Might even make the rest of us plebs ride like Carl.....perhaps....

Actually as gadgets go this one is pretty benign, and might even be beneficial in some cases.

Stella

Visit site
Maybe I'm being a bit obtuse, but wouldn't it be counter-productive when aiming for a steady contact? I recognise that we should have an 'elastic feel' through following hands, but this looks like it may just encourage a horse to lean on it to me. Far be it from me to contradict Carl though
shocked.gif
I'll certainly be interested in the promotion at YHL.

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
I think it looks interesting, but at £65 is a pricey trial. It depends, it looks like it would help a horse to relax its jaw but you would need to make sure you are working the horse correctly forwards to really feel the benefit of something like this.

If I still had Dutch (he passed away two years ago) I would definitely get something like this.

Diana

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hardly a new idea there have been versions of this for years but it has its uses x

[/ QUOTE ] Could you say a bit more about its uses?