Carrier for Rabbit Recommendations

BlackRider

Visit site
I'd like to get Paddington a new carrier - the one i've got at the moment (Catit) is too heavy.

I'd ideally prefer a fabric one (and even better a back pack style) - but have concerns about the mesh being secure?

He's generally good in the carrier - its just for the occasional vet trips.

Widgeon

Visit site

BlackRider

Visit site
Thanks that's what i was worried about.

that one's very similar to the one I've got but i find it a bit heavy.

Redders

Visit site
My girls chewed a fabric carrier, plus I didn’t find it very sturdy. I have a top loader one and I use an old pillow case with a cut out for the handle to make it nice and dark for them, I keep the pillow case in their living area so it smells of home to reduce stress. An important consideration is make sure it has good ventilation as they are sensitive to increases in temperature, a top loader makes it much easier and less stressful to get them out/they can be examined in the box with the lid up, not too big so they feel secure and snug, no open sides so they don’t have to see dogs/cats staring at them, and pack it full of hay so they don’t slide about on the plastic base (and if they were it gets absorbed and so they aren’t without snacks)

ETA: I really like the curver brand ones

Griffin

Visit site
I second getting a top loading carrier. You can pick up metal ones on eBay quite cheaply.

I have used a fabric one (also top loading) with my rabbits without issue but it does depend on the rabbit.

You could even buy a small dog crate and just cover it, although they have a side door, the size of them means you can reach in fairly easily.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Mines off to be spayed on Tuesday, I’m a bit worried about the transportation bit! I collected her months ago in my cat carrier but she’s 3 times the size now!

* I really really hope she’s a she ??