Carrying on from car post - who has a Discovery 4?

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
What do you think?!

What is the real MPG? I borrowed one from a dealer the other day and fell in love but am trying to work out the real life mpg!
smile.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
This probably isn't much help but we're on our third disco and the current one is LPG (others were diesel) and we love it. We were sceptical at first, checked with the insurance company, phoned the aa and got a new safety certificate for it, but it's so much cheaper. It starts up on petrol and then automatically switches over to LPG, and then when it runs out of LPG it switches itself back to petrol. The LPG tanks are underneath the car which is better than old conversions that have them in the boot. Unfortunately ours isn't a Discovery 4 but it does the job
cool.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
Probably should have said last time we filled up the LPG from empty it took £27 and then drove 110 miles towing a trailer with 3 horses onboard before switching onto petrol.

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
I have one and play the mpg game A LOT!! I've just swapped it from the Freelander 2 (also fab, but i needed more ump for towing!p.s i got about 35 - 37 mpg in this) Towing at 50mph (heavy box equitrek and big 17hh horse) i manage 22 mpg, which i though was great.

Just driving around normally i manage up to 30 mpg, its auto and i don't speed around anymore, just stay in all the speed limits (het hhum, also keeping the points down!)

If you are going to be towing, its a machine and can tow up to 3.5 ton, freelander was only 2 ton and you can tell the difference!

I love mine....esp the fridge in the armrest!!!!!
grin.gif

nicnag

Visit site
My OH has a Discovery 4, I've got to admit I HATE towing with it, things improved when we dropped the tow bar a bit but it feels very light at the front and 'floats' a lot compared to our land rover defenders or my terrano. We tend to use it for the heavier loads like full trailers of lambs which might make the difference but I drove it with the stock trailer and a load of jumps and felt all over the place. MPG is fairly low with his but probably because it almost always has a trailer behind it.