Cat Biscuits - horse ate them

hellybelly6

Visit site
Help.

The feral cat who has adopted my horse and I jumped onto a tub in the stable sending the contents flying and scaring the horses. He looked a bit embarrassed and I tried not to laugh. As I was making sure he was ok. My horse found a burst bag of cat biscuits and started eating them!

I was horrified not to mention sickened.

Please can somebody reassure me that he wont come down with colic?! I have also caught my horse eating cat sick too!!!!!

Could he be missing something in his diet or is he just greedy? He is allergic to alfalfa, garlic, sugar and cant have a lot of protein due to kidney dysfunction.

He has 1 kg of fast fibre
2 kg mollychaff
10 kg haylage

Hilton herbs reflex and seaweed and cortaflex

All split between 4 feeds and 2 haynets per day.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
My pony ate my cats biscuits once, and he never suffered any ill effects so with any luck yours won't either. Another pony ate hamburgers (he stole off children!
blush.gif
).

Maybe he is just experimental with his eating habits?!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
THere was a horse in the news that died the other week after being fed Jaffa Cakes and Dog Biscuits by walkers (but think it had been going on for weeks, so yours should be fine).

vhf

Visit site
I had a TB a couple of years ago eat an entire box of cat biscuits. He opened it and ate the lot. For all I know he ate worse things too, just no horse feed!
He did get colic a couple of hours later, but it passed in 30 minutes and he tried to do it again a few days later... (Turned out someone had taught him how to open his stable door. Don't ask).

BeckyDiamond

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
THere was a horse in the news that died the other week after being fed Jaffa Cakes and Dog Biscuits by walkers (but think it had been going on for weeks, so yours should be fine).

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops .... may have to stop letting Foxy Lad share breakfast croissant and tea break hob nobs then!! Just goes to show, these horses will eat the most un expected things

Loved the title of the post btw "Cat Biscuits - horse ate them" LMAO!
laugh.gif

hellybelly6

Visit site
Phew thanks am reassured and he seemed ok this afternoon which is a relief.

I am also glad that others have had similar experiences and nothing happened.

Thanks again guys, glad you liked the title, I was near hysterical at the time!