Cat tracking devices

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Has anyone here used one or know one the is good but not too expensive?

My ginger cat has been funny since I got the dog. Although the dog has been fine and the other cat sleeps next to him my ginger cat who was my cuddle bug seems constantly angry with me. He spends 36 to 48 hours away at a time and I worry about him. I’m suspicious that he’s visiting another house and they’re feeding him.

I’d like to know where he’s going and also if anyone has got any tips on getting him to accept the dog that would be great too. All food and litter trays are upstairs out of the way and dog is not allowed upstairs. I’ve bought a big cat tree so he can feel safe in the same room. He and his brother don’t really get on anymore either and I’m also using a feliway friends diffuser.

I miss my ginger cuddles 😪.

Mule

Visit site
My cat completely changed when we took in a stray kitten. He kept trying to play with her. If cats were capable of murder, I'm convinced he would no longer be here...

The vets diagnosed her with stress and just said to keep her in a separate room in the house to the kitten, and also to leave them outside at different times. That helped with the stress and tbh with her own space, she just got over it after a while. I'm sure it's similar for a cat and a dog.

Ironically, the two cats are best of friends now. They're always together and she's back to being cuddly. He grooms her, so he has his uses!

However, before she adjusted, she turned into a snarling, hissing, spitting and generally demonic sounding cat. I don't know anything about tracking devices, but don't despair, things will get back to normal.

meleeka

Visit site
A friend had used one with great success but I don’t know the name, sorry.

Does the cat have a free run from the door to the upstairs? It won’t know the dog isn’t allowed up there so I’d try a gate for a while so that the cat feels safe and also knows he can come and go without the dog bothering him. My friend had a similar problem but she has 7 cats. Some accepted the dog and some didn’t. A gate sorted the problem and the cats got used to the dog eventually.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve had the dog since the beginning of September. Initially I had a gate on the lounge and one on the stairs. I then removed the lounge one after a couple of months but left the stairs. I have only recently taken down the stair one. I have very narrow stairs and I kept knee-capping myself on them. The dog has only ever ventured up once. He’s crated at night and if he’s not with me he’s crated when I go out for short periods.

It’s like the he’s mad at me and won’t forgive me. He slept on my bed last night and had a little cuddle this in the night but mostly he doesn’t purr or show any affection. As soon as he comes in he seems to want to go back out.

How he used to be.

6IZIkni.jpg

The other cat and dog

9pbDWY9.jpg