Cat Wormers

Pen

Visit site
I am unable to get our cats usual Profender spot on from my vet now as the practice now requires the cats to be examined/weighed by a vet before they will dispense the wormer and our 2 cats are wary farm cats who live outside with minimal human contact and I am not prepared to subject them to stressful(to both humans and cats) manhandling/travelling etc. So my question is are there any over the counter cat wormers that will do the job as well as the prescription ones? Tia.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I am using Dronspot from Petdrugsonline who sell a year flea&worm bundle at a great price. Dronspot and Advantage.

I know the Advantage is working because one of mine has a flea allergy. The flat bellies would suggest the wormer is working too.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
My equine vets are the same ones I use for the yard cats. I explained they were outside cats, didn’t like travelling and unless it was an absolute emergency I wasn’t going to subject them to the stress of travel so we agreed that while the vet was at the yard on a horse related issue they would look at the cats and then update their records at the surgery to say they had been seen. We now do this once a year and I can get wormers for them.

Pen

Visit site
Many thanks for your helpful replies each. I will get the Dronspot and when a vet is next here(hopefully not till next year) will see if the cats can be found and observed for the records.

SEL

Visit site
I gave my yard cat Panacur (granules mix with food - he'll eat anything) and it had a much better response that any of the spot ons.

What came up was grim, but his bloated belly and rough coat are now all sorted.

Pen

Visit site
Oh interesting re the Panacur granules SEL. Our cats get fed daily but they certainly dine out on rodents and whatever else is about so I might try the Panacur next time.