Catembi

catembi

Visit site
Just to let everyone know that Cat was pts this afternoon.

I was really, really dreading it, but the day wasn't as awful as I'd anticipated thanks to the professionalism of all concerned.

The vet came out first thing & we decided that Cat had had enough. The vet then spoke to the Newmarket vet & Petplan's vet & got it agreed, then we drove Cat to the vet's practise & said goodbye to him.

Call me a coward, but I just couldn't stay to watch the bitter end. He's stayed at the vet's before once or twice, so he wasn't at all worried & the assistants there were so kind & gave him a lovely last feed plus let us have some privacy. We left him happily munching hay, which is how I want to remember him.

Later, the place where he went for autopsy phoned to ask for our wishes re ashes - decided not to have any as we want to remember him how he was. They were so lovely too.

Then the vet phoned to say that his insides were extremely inflamed & there would have been no way back from there, so we did the right thing in calling it a day.

So I'm left feeling very sad, but not traumatised by watching something I couldn't have stood to watch. Plus we didn't have him put down at home, so each time I look out onto the yard, it won't bring up unpleasant memories of him lying on the drive awaiting collection or being winched into a lorry etc.

We're going to give it 2 weeks to let the emotional dust settle, then in our week off work, we're going to start the search for a new best friend.

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions and support over the last few difficult months.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Awwww hunni I am so very sorry. I have been following his illness and progress. Poor, poor man. You have done the kindest thing for your boy and I am with you all the way here. Sending lots of love to you and positive vibes

(((((((( hugs )))))))

x

truffles

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear that, but what an incredibly brave person you are. I'm sure you made the right decision. Huge hugs xxx

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
So sorry to hear your news
frown.gif
frown.gif
Gald you had the courage to know when enough was enough. Having been through it myself not so long ago i know how hard that decision must have been. I think you did the right thing not having him put to sleep at home. I had to have Simon pts at his home and once he was gone i couldnt go back to the same yard. I am sure you will find another best friend soon enough you will find that your next one will choose you and it will happen when least expected. My heart feels for you tonight ( big hugs ) Let us know how you get on when the time comes for your search to start.

apn8keh

Visit site
Just to say I really feel for you, having gone through the same experience today. I stayed with mine to the end & he went away so peacefully. I actually saw him being hoisted up onto the wagon, as they were struggling to get him out (he was a big boy), but I would rather see that 1000 times again than 1 more time of him struggling to stand up and wasting away.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I'm so very sorry to read this - having read your previous posts I was looking on the bright side for you both - My thoughts are with you - you must be extremely distraught
frown.gif
You did the right thing though - you made the hardest decision of them all - *Huge HUGS*
Kate xxx

jemima

Visit site
So sorry for you..

A brave thing to have done and a true expression of love and compassion.

Best wishes to you

RIP Catembi