Catherston Report

Emily99

Visit site
Set off to Catherston with a lorry load this morning (Friends horses), first time doing the Futurity after I suggested it after reading here and not knowing what to expect!!

First up was a yearling eventer, anyone who was there she was the bay/roan wierd coloured one! She hasn't done a lot this year as she's been allowed just to mature slowly and be a horse. She behaved really well, and didn't go loopy in the loose schooling so we were pleased.
She got an average score of 8.56, and so a 1st premium. Judges only said that she could have swung a bit more in her walk and been a bit more relaxed in walk which will come. She received 9 for her type and temp too.

Then had another friends Sports pony Yearling who behaved impeccably, never been anywhere before and she looked like a pro! She got 9.5 for her athleticism an an average score of 8.87 and another 1st premium! Friends other 2yo sports pony received a 2nd premium which she was pleased with as we know the yearling is better quality.

Last up had a 3yo Showjumper (Half brother to the roan yearling), who was a star!! Even if he did knock all the mugs off and almost tip up the rossette boxes in between runs down the jumping lane! He found the distances quite short to begin with but soon learnt to collect himself and jumped really nicely.... and he received an average of 9.5!!!!!!!!!!! Highest score of the day and an elite premium!! He also gained 9.75 for his athleticism, Conf1 and Type and Temperament!

So friend is pleased i suggested it lol! Shall just have to see how Sunday goes as all 3 who gained 1st's are qualified through.

So thank you to everyone there... it ran really well and was friendly and informative. Already planning what we can take next year!

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
WELL DONE YOU!!! You could not ask for better marks than what you have been given. I mean 0.5 away from the perfect 10.....SUPERB!
cool.gif
laugh.gif