Causeway Sports Horses

JMac1980

New User
Visit site
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had had any dealings with Causeway Sports horses? I Saw a horse advertised with them that looked suitable but was very cheap.

EventingMum

Visit site
I would be very interested too, I have seen a potential pony but there seems to be some negative comments regarding a business previously run from the premises and whether the previous owner is involved in any way with the new set up.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
The negative reviews seem to be about previous owner of Glendra not the new owner who seems to be quite well thought of although you never know the bias of the reviewers.

But there are no new reviews? And looking at the pictures on Facebook, those look like pretty thin, pot bellied and scruffy horses that have come from some sales somewhere, they're cheap for a reason. He's not far from me and I see a couple of FB friends have liked his page, so I'll ask around.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
The old owner and scammer is still there. I’d be very wary with her still selling from the premise under their name. Also loads of her horses being advertised now by them.

They also had a public spat as she named them as the owners of the fields that had dead and dying animals in them. She was ultimately responsible for that so I understand.

Be very wary

xDundryx

Visit site
If you look at the history of the Causeway facebook page it was formerly Glenedra... despite protestations, this is pretty suggestive that it's the same people/business.

SadKen

Visit site
The Facebook page photos look quite bad to me. A couple of those horses look conformationally challenged and rather unhappy. I accept it could be a bad photo but if you're selling you'd think you would choose the best photos you could. Just my two pence.

Laurynb

Visit site
I almost bought a horse from here, it seems that there are several different people on the facebook page and some of them being children, they have no idea what they are doing i dont think and i would recommend to avoid them.

I paid a deposit on a horse and was told 5 different times that she was going to be delivered, when i phoned them the lady Jayne Glass claimed she had nothing to do with the business when in fact she is the wife of the owner Hugh. I was never told that she wouldn't be getting delivered only that she 100% would be coming the following day.. 5 times. I demanded my money back and told them if not i would go to the police. They now have her back up for sale with a different name and age but the same pictures and videos. The passport i was shown was also fake as i contacted the passport issuing company.
I have now been blocked on facebook by Hugh, Jayne and Kyle Glass and also from their actual page because i called them out - definitely a scam.

anony_mouse

New User
Visit site
Heard not great things about them. Horses not being delivered, horses being delivered that are underweight or not the horse they bought. Passports not being given to new owners or given wrong passports. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Think there's a lot of lawsuits happening at the moment anyway so they will probably go into hiding for a few months before opening as something new... again.