Cavalier Royale

Marchhare

New User
Visit site
Does anyone know where we can obtain semen from Cavalier Royale? (We know he is dead, but we believe there may still be semen available!) Many thanks..

BallyshanHorses

www.ballyshanhorses.webs.com
tom rowland in knightfield stud has semen.the vets there are very good apparently but i doubt that they will send it to you.we have a cavalier mare and they are worth their weight in gold.her first live foal is currently in second r third place in the irish horse board showjumping class and her foals always sell from home as they have so much quality.

tompony

New User
Visit site
maybe you could use a stallion by Cavalier Royale, there are a few around, most have done well in their own right, and its easier to get hold of their semen.

Foxfolly

Visit site
I have a Cavalier gelding and did some research into his breeding a while back and in reading up on him, I understood that once he died his owner kept the semen to use ONLY on his own mares, I think this was to ensure that he only prodused foals from mares who he deemed suitable to compliment Cavalier Royale!

Its amazing how many are still coming through when he died so long ago, I saw a cracking 5yo gelding by him at Goresbridge sales, he was stunning, jumped like a stag and I thought was pretty reasonably priced at approx £10K! There was another nice one by him that was shown off badly and went for £5k!!