Cavallo hoof boot sizing

AngieandBen

Visit site
I think that depends on if she's just had a trim or not; They are fairly forgiving, but don't stretch; I would go bigger tbh and put pads in, although if she hasn't been trimmed for a while the smaller size! Not much help :D

Blimpy

Visit site
If its any help my horse was the same size after a trim and he fits perfectly into size 2's (pink ones!) with the cavallo pads in them. He has round feet (same width as lenght). If you want to use thicker pads maybe you would need to consider going up a size. I think it depends a bit on the shape of the heal bulbs too..... Mine have taken a bit of wearing in so that the heel area can mould around his foot.

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
Quick update - my local(ish) saddlery stocks them so i went to have a look today. The 3s looked too big for Saf's feet, so after much dithering i got the 2. Tried them on and they fit perfectly! Saf didn't seem to mind them (she thinks we're nuts anyway) so we went for a walk in hand and she was fine. Going to get some 6mm pads to pop in.

AngieandBen

Visit site
Quick update - my local(ish) saddlery stocks them so i went to have a look today. The 3s looked too big for Saf's feet, so after much dithering i got the 2. Tried them on and they fit perfectly! Saf didn't seem to mind them (she thinks we're nuts anyway) so we went for a walk in hand and she was fine. Going to get some 6mm pads to pop in.

Great, not sure about the disposable nappies idea! the gaiters you get for the Easyboots are great and last a long time.

ace87

Visit site
I measured my boy as 4 9/16" which is about 1 and a bit in the cavallo sizing - so was going to get him the size 2 cavallo sports as advised by friends. Phoned up to order them online from an equine podiatry shop and was advised to try the Boa's instead as better suited to his upright feet, bought the Boa's in a size 1 as recommended and they wouldn't even fit my rocking horse!
Have ended up with size 3 Cavallo sports with pads and wraps and they're just the job! My boy was trimmed 4 weeks ago so they've got room for growth and can always put thicker pads in - now have the Boas to get rid off hmm!!
My boy very happy in his trainers, schooled in them and taking them out for a jaunt down the road next week

CBFan

Visit site
Hello all, Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I'm all of a dither trying to decide which size Cavallo to get my boy.

Length wise he is at the upper end of a size 2 (125mm after a trim) but width wise he is almost a cm wider. Should I go for a size 3? can I then pad them out length wise to fit?

Cheers.