Cavallo Simple Hoof Boots and Pastern Wraps

cowgirl16

Visit site
I'm considering getting some of these for my boy. His legs are quite fine, and with the gap at the top of the boots, I think the wraps will be needed. Will I need to get a size larger in the boots to allow for the wraps?

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I bought these when I decided to go barefoot but I found he slipped on flat surfaces and this unsettled him. Only used them once.

JillA

Visit site
Talk to someone like Carolyn at Urban Horse - always gives good advice based on knowing all the different boots, how they fit and which would be best in particular circumstances. And measure just after a trim - Cavallos can be a bit clumpy so take care with the sizing. I had the Simple ones years ago in a generous size and he hated them, I now have the Trek and he is happier, although we don't really go on any smooth surfaces with them

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the cavallo pastern wraps aren't recommended usually, socks or the easyboot wraps seem to be preferred if needed.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've posted this pic before, but my 5 yo homebred sports horse loves her Cavello Simples. Meant to get the Treks (as advised by Liz at Hoof Bootique), but they were out of stock in her size, so took a punt on these as second best choice. She's on the cusp between sizes, so needs the gel inserts in the slightly-too- large size to perfect the fit. She doesn't need wraps, and has never looked back :).

The stocking was for trying on purposes only.

Landcruiser

Visit site
I find the Trek fastenings are much better, and they are a closer fit, I have TRECs in front and Sports behind (hardly ever need them). The velcro on the Simples doesn't last long. I never needed the gaiters, just as well because the size seems to come up very small on them and they didn't fit my boy. They are a good boot for everyday hacking, easy to put on, but as others have said, a bit clumpy.

Beausmate

Visit site
Iirc people find they slip/rub, I did assume they must work for some though!

The old style ones did creep up slightly, but no rubs. The newer type stay put, although I have always fitted them below the heel bulbs, so they might be trapped under the heels a bit.