CC Please - General thoughts

kerilli

Visit site
i'd say your saddle looks too far forward, it should be behing the vertical muscle you can feel just behind the shoulder. you look perched on his withers which makes it harder to be effective.
he looks too overbent, i'd rather see him going happily forward to a light constant contact, with his nose poking out a bit, but learning his balance, and then gradually coming rounder. sorry, but he looks very deep in front, which won't help his balance overall.
that really is supposed to be cc, honestly! you have a good position, i just think these 2 things should improve the overall picture and help.

Silverspring

Visit site
I would agree with everything kerilli said, he looks overbent and the outline appears forced. His pole should be the highest point when he's on a correct outline, in the pics it's not. He is also coming behind the vertical which means he's probably trying to evade your contact. In the canter he is not engaging his hind legs, I would expect his inside hind to come much further under him if he was relaxed and going forward properly. The trot looks nice though, quite active from the pics and hes using his back properly.
I would also say you need to keep your hand more together, more vertical (thumbs on top!) and your elbow should be bent more. You're also looking down at his nech which will throw your balance forward slightly if he bucked when you had your eyes down you'd be out the front door pretty quickly.
I can spot all these faults becasue my intructir used to yell at me for all of them, I got thumbs up and look up screamed at me for about a year
smile.gif