CC pretty please :)

mole

Visit site
i think shes looking great - maybe a bit too good?
smirk.gif

any opinions of conformation would be appreciated too
smile.gif

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

so what'd ya think?

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Now this is only my opinion, and not meant to offend in any way. I'd really like to hear what she's like to ride, if you can be bothered to tell me?

Head - nice head, kind eye.
She looks a little thick in the gullet though, which might make her resistant to going on the bit.
Neck - good shape, joins into the wither well, correctly muscled, but a little short, so may be a bit less flexible to ride, and try to give you shoulder movement rather than neck bend.
Withers - decent shape, should be easy enough to fit a saddle to.
Back - a little on the long side, especially in the loin area which may mean that she will carry a little less weight than her bone would suggest.
Shoulder - a little upright in the shoulder, so will tend to have shorter stride length.
Forearm - has quite a lot of muscle, short so again may make for a short stride.
Cannons - short - good for strong tendons, has a good amount of bone.
Pasterns - can't see too well - but look good.
Hind limb - a little straight through the gaskin, and lacks muscle, suggesting she finds it easier to pull herself on her forehand than work from behind (don't they all
laugh.gif
).
Hind cannons - good, short, strong.

Condition - pretty much perfect.
grin.gif

She looks a lovely sort, and you're lucky to have her.
S
grin.gif

mole

Visit site
wow thanks for that S
smile.gif

what a great eye you have.

hum what to tell you about her ridden work
wink.gif
well she does find it difficult to come on a contact but once ridden for about 20mins she becomes round and really soft but can find it difficult to stay like it without leaning on your hands occassionally.

if she finds something too difficult she will run and become unbalanced but she is getting better.

she can have a short stride if you allow her to (if that makes sense) but also can do a fabulous suspended extended trot when she makes the effort
grin.gif

she used to not bend correctly but again this has got much better and only if finding the task too hard will she motorbike.

umm she loves jumping thats her thing really as nothing else matters to her when shes jumping
grin.gif

can i tell you anything else?

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
wow thanks for that S
smile.gif

what a great eye you have.

hum what to tell you about her ridden work
wink.gif
well she does find it difficult to come on a contact but once ridden for about 20mins she becomes round and really soft but can find it difficult to stay like it without leaning on your hands occassionally.

if she finds something too difficult she will run and become unbalanced but she is getting better.

she can have a short stride if you allow her to (if that makes sense) but also can do a fabulous suspended extended trot when she makes the effort
grin.gif

she used to not bend correctly but again this has got much better and only if finding the task too hard will she motorbike.

umm she loves jumping thats her thing really as nothing else matters to her when shes jumping
grin.gif

can i tell you anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great, thanks.
grin.gif

It's always interesting to look at conformation, and try to work out how the horse will ride.
I have to say your horse does look like a genuine trier, though - so much nicer than an unhelpful horse, (no matter how great its conformation).
grin.gif

S
grin.gif