CC saddle pad with a GP saddle

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've used CC numnahs on an ideal VSD saddle, on my ecogold I had to bring the girth straps forwards a bit but otherwise it's fine. The lemieux I didn't change at all.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Whatever fits best, ignore labels, numbers, across most things. For instance, most people think you need to girth to the same numbered hole on both girth straps whereas you should girth to the holes that give you the most even tension on both straps.

Most GP pads are awful shapes, for forward cut GP saddles I'd go jump shape, for the neater GP pads I fit I find the Mattes GP shape (that they call VS, for VSDs and VSJs) is lovely.

Widgeon

Visit site
The only thing I would say is to take a good look at your GP saddle first - mine is a Wintec GP, but it's incredibly straight cut and when I put a cc pad under it it looks a bit silly, because there's so much extra fabric at the front. When I tried a different saddle on my horse last week though, the saddle was just the right shape for the cc pad. And that was also theoretically a GP.

Most GP pads are awful shapes, for forward cut GP saddles I'd go jump shape, for the neater GP pads I fit I find the Mattes GP shape (that they call VS, for VSDs and VSJs) is lovely.

Yes they are not great are they....I'm off to Google these Mattes ones now, oh dear....