Cecils latest drama.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The boy terrified me tonight.
I was a bit late finishing horses so late walking and decided to go for a quick one round the fields at home.
It’s mainly Rape which has shot up scarily fast. We have stayed away for a while but he and Basil are pretty good at being told not to go in and generally stay on the grass edges.
Cecil does run off, he has the terrier instinct but always comes back, I’m very confident in that fact.
Until tonight, it was so quick I didn’t even see which direction he’d gone.
Stayed for ages shouting but nothing. I decided to run Basil home before I lost him aswell and OH and myself went back in the truck.
He was lost in a block of 150 acres of tall as me thick rape.
He drove the perimeter I walked through shouting. After a while I heard him cry.
Managed to work out which direction which wasn’t easy as we are near a air base so constant planes.
Eventually found my poor frightened little yellow dog stuck in a (humane so not injured) fox snare. All perfectly legal and correct, my own stupid fault for going that way. He’s usually so clever and won’t go near them but I’m guessing in full “chase the rabbit” mode he got it wrong.
It was so awful, the genuine feeling of fear and realisation that he really wasn’t coming back. It only lasted 45 mins but it seemed endless.
One happy to be home little dog who will be on a lead until harvest!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thank goodness it was correctly set. Terrifying for you. Glad he’s home.
Yes, he’s used to being tied up on the yard if a lots going on so he wouldn’t have cared about that and I don’t think he struggled just sat and then luckily yelled when he’d realised he was alone!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thank goodness he's home safe and well! Our dogs are so important to us aren't they?
They really are. I was just verging on my “have to find him, of course he will show up” attitude turning to hysteria.
Can’t think of anything much worse. These poor people who loose dogs and never find them :(

Bradsmum

Visit site
It's all been said above but I am so glad he is home safe and sound. One of mine went missing years ago and I know that sick, desperate feeling. He went for about a week and I had home made signs up in the area and ads in local papers. someone had found him wandering around a farm and took him in and contacted me. When I went to pick him up, he leapt from one side of their room into my arms and the lady said "well there's no doubt he's your dog".

poiuytrewq

Visit site
It's all been said above but I am so glad he is home safe and sound. One of mine went missing years ago and I know that sick, desperate feeling. He went for about a week and I had home made signs up in the area and ads in local papers. someone had found him wandering around a farm and took him in and contacted me. When I went to pick him up, he leapt from one side of their room into my arms and the lady said "well there's no doubt he's your dog".
Thank god you got him back! A week would have broken me. It must have been just awful

SilverLinings

Visit site
I'm glad you found him (relatively) quickly, it sounded like a horrid experience. He was very sensible to cry out so you could find him, and at least he doesn't seem to have found the experience even half as stressful as you did!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He can be a noisy person, he will make noise if I whine or bark at him he will chat back (and stop at the end!)
He also cries, well it’s louder than a cry, not sure what it is! But makes noise if he’s shut out/separated from us or the others which I always thought a bit of a pain. Turns out it was his saving feature.
To be fair he would have been found anyway as OH was about to call the game keeper to come out and help as he obviously knows the land and where everything is so he would have found him but I’m glad he shouted and alerted us early

Moobli

Visit site
Thank god you found him! One of my dogs got caught around the neck by a snare but thankfully I was right behind her because she freaked out (bucking, flipping and twisting to try and escape). I dread to think how she may have harmed herself if I hadn’t been right there.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thank god you found him! One of my dogs got caught around the neck by a snare but thankfully I was right behind her because she freaked out (bucking, flipping and twisting to try and escape). I dread to think how she may have harmed herself if I hadn’t been right there.
A few years ago our lab got caught. He went insane. Like you I was right there and saw it happen but he was so wild it took a long time to be able to get it loose enough to get him out. He had blood shot eye whites and his eyes looked bulgy. Apparently he was starting to strangle himself :(

Moobli

Visit site
A few years ago our lab got caught. He went insane. Like you I was right there and saw it happen but he was so wild it took a long time to be able to get it loose enough to get him out. He had blood shot eye whites and his eyes looked bulgy. Apparently he was starting to strangle himself :(
Horrific! I hate snares. Thankfully my dog calmed down so I was able to loosen the wire quickly and she escaped. I was shaky with adrenaline afterwards. Not an experience I wish to ever repeat.