Celebrities who Event

boxcarhorse

Visit site
Hi

I'm doing some research into celebrities who event or own event horses - I'm trying to compile a list. Can anyone suggest any names? So far I've got, Lucy Henman, Elizabeth Murdoch, Jennifer Saunders, Lady Lloyd Webber, Edie Campbell.

Thanks in advance. :)

lunarlove

Visit site
I hate to bring her name up but Katie Price AKA "Jordan" has some super impressive dressage horses, well she did, I'm assuming she still has them.

p87

Visit site
Doesn't Madonna ride? I'm sure I remember years ago she had a big accident over here while out riding? Martin Clunes of course! Jo O'Meara from S Club 7 has horses, I think she opened her own yard and rescues them? Not sure though, could be wrong.

Not sure if any of them event though!

Probably doesn't count but I think Will Youngs brother competes in something? And I think I read somewhere that the guy who plays Jason Grimshaw in corrie - his dad owns racehorses?

Don't quote me on this though, I may be wrong! :)

dunkley

Visit site
Lady Lloyd Webber was a Bona Fide eventer, long before she became LLW :) She completed Badminton twice, and won Junior European Ind Silver on her horse, The Done Thing ............... her daughter is eventing now :)

littleshetland

Visit site
That fella that was in 'one foot in the grave' , Richard Wilson (?) - I believe he used to event. Mike Rutherford, guitar player with Genesis -he rides and his wife Angie does dressage, Anthea Turner - she loves her Iberian horses, Mike Oldfield (Tubular bells) he had a big horsey phase (until he fell off - he went off them a bit after that...) Charlie Watts (Rolling Stones drummer) he and his wife Shirley are very into their Arabs. Madonna was quite into her horses for a while, but was quite a novice - I believe she had a rather lovely welsh cob, and she fell off......I think she's given up now. Jessica Springsteen (daughter of Bruce) she's a very successful show jumper, and apparently Elvis went through a very horsey phase for awhile.......hang on....I'm sure I can think of some more...

lhotse

Visit site
Not sure if royalty counts as 'celebrity' but I've heard that Zara Phillips is pretty good at her eventing!!!
Didn't Johnny Depp own an event horse at some point?

dunkley

Visit site
It says a lot for what ZP is like, that it never occurred to me that she was a 'celebrity' - she's 'just' an eventer!

ZondaR

Visit site
William Shattner breeds and shows an American breed that I can't think of the name of. I believe Kurt Russel rides but I don't know if he competes. Vigo Mortison owns horses but again, I don't know if he competes.

Bestdogdash

Visit site
Although the OP asked for 'celebs' connected with eventing, the thread has extended the brief somewhat ! Sorry OP!

Davy Jones was a jockey before he joined The Monkees and I once was on the hunting field along side Mark Knofler from Dire Straits

cambrica

Visit site
Thanks for that cambric. I just watched the whole thing :D How happy did those little ones look. Bless them :)

And back to topic, I'm pretty sure Michael Owens wife did eventing.
Now my little one is at school I don't get to watch Mr Tumble but I remember that one in particular, makes your heart melt!

mhorses

Visit site
What's that famous female tennis player who failed a drugs test then took up show jumping in a big way? Athina Onassis is a big name on the sj circuit too!