Central belt - where do you get your shavings?

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Beatsons have done deals with our yard before so maybe worth an ask. Central Saddlery go through spells of pallets of shavings for better price than £7.40 odd at Russells. I approached a woodmill in Bo'ness/Grangemouth area - they weren't particularly helpful for our yard (wouldn't deliver over the river) but for your quantity a month I would think they might be more forthcoming. I am sure you have explored all these folk before though so sorry if im not that helpful.

EventingMum

Visit site
We use baled sawdust as an alternative to shavings, it surprised me by not being dusty like I expected it to be and is very absorbent. We pay just under£5.00 per bale inc VAT - special deal as we go through 200+ per month in winter. The bales appear slightly smaller than shaving bales but go a long way. The only other way to save would be to buy in bulk ie not baled but that would require a suitable shed to tip the load into then barrow to each stable as required.

holeymoley

Visit site
David Cameron seems the cheapest for bulk loads in our area. Saying that I was at a show the other week and someone put fliers round for shavings at 'competitive prices'.