Central Scotland Relocation

DarkHorseB

Visit site
just posted on their Facebook page:

The waiting game is over! We are delighted to announce that we have been invited to relocate the horse trials at Dalkeith Country Estate in 2014. We hope you will all be as excited as we are about this wonderful opportunity!

asset2004

Visit site
Hmm interesting, good it's not been lost but pretty far away from Perth!
what's happening in 2013?
I wonder why they waited till tonight at 9pm (on a Sunday?) to release the news, just appears an odd time of night????

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Hmm interesting, good it's not been lost but pretty far away from Perth!
what's happening in 2013?
I wonder why they waited till tonight at 9pm (on a Sunday?) to release the news, just appears an odd time of night????

Maybe BE are announcing tomorrow but they were allowed/ wanted to announce the news first themselves?

JenTaz

Visit site
Will be interesting to see how it will run at Dalkeith with there being a large number of horses on the estate all year round, its a good location, just of the A1 nice and local to me when I am home for the holidays to go and spectate.

Eventing mum

New User
Visit site
This is fantastic news and I cannot believe the negative comments. A huge thank you to CSHT committee for all their hard work and determination to make this happen. I wasn't aware Dalkeith wasn't central Scotland. We need to get behind and support these people who are trying their utmost to keep eventing going in Scotland.:)

asset2004

Visit site
I thought CSHT were looking at venues in the Perth area but still pleased that it will run next year.
I have been to Dalkeith before and done the xc jumps although think some will need to be raised before next year!
Wasn't there some sort of thought the A1 might go through it and lose done of the ground?
With it being so close to the A1 it'll be handy for the southern riders

EventingMum

Visit site
Great news, I had heard this was a possibility so delighted it's going ahead. Obviously it's a shame nothing's in place for this year but hopefully there's plenty of time to get everything organised for a great event in 2014 :)

Jnhuk

Visit site
Excellent news! Very local (ie about half an hour away) so excited. Just hope that horsebox parking is sorted as EEC often cancels shows to save their ground. However, I am presuming that this is Dalkeith Estate rather than EEC land?

Visit site
It is Dalkeith estate and parking won't be a problem. As for 2013 let's just be grateful for all of the hardwork to secure somewhere. The location couldn't be more central Scotland and it is the committee who will suffer having to drive the extra distance most days in the run up to the events.

JenTaz

Visit site
I thought CSHT were looking at venues in the Perth area but still pleased that it will run next year.
I have been to Dalkeith before and done the xc jumps although think some will need to be raised before next year!
Wasn't there some sort of thought the A1 might go through it and lose done of the ground?
With it being so close to the A1 it'll be handy for the southern riders

Its the A68 that goes through the middle of the country park, I used to be a livery there, and not much ground has been lost, not alot that affects the xc routes any way, I would expect that CSHT will have alot of their own jumps from Perth, possibly wrong other wise there will need to be quite a lot of money I would imagine put into the venue to raise the jumps to be big enough for BE although they go up to 3'3 there arent enough at each BE height to provide for a full course, I am looking forward to seeing the event run at Dalkieth, if they run it on their later in the year date, I may be tempted to get Taz going again if they will run a BE 80

daveismycat

Visit site
Great news! I'm based in East Lothian with nothing local so I'm very pleased. I now have something to aim for with my young horse. Roll on 2014!

saz5083

Visit site
Excellent :D another one looking forward to aiming my young horse for something so local. Well done team CSHT for all the hard work securing a new venue! :D

bogpony

Visit site
Brilliant news!!

Dalkeith Palace will be a stunning backdrop - a huge well done to the organisers and all the CSHT committee and a very big thank you to the Duke of Bucchleuch :)

Nic

Visit site
Fantastic news, well done to CSHT organisers.

It even makes it more handy for me :D

CSHT mentioned fundraising & a possible Hunter Trial in 2013.

I'm thinking unaff HT & a few day tickets might be how my 2013 pans out at the moment but will play it by ear.

EventingMum

Visit site
Just been announced that Hopetoun will run an extra event on Oatridge weekend - looks like BE have been working away in the background after all! Well done BE

That's really good news :D It would be great if they could do something about the distance betwwen the lorry park and the arenas but other than that I thought it was a great event last year. Huge thanks to those at Hopetoun and CSHTwho have obviously worked so hard to help fill the Scottish calendar - whilst not back to what it used to be this is a big step in the right direction.