Ceredigion equine professional recommendations (vets, farriers etc)

FitzyFitz

Visit site
Hi,

I'm hopefully moving to Ceredigion soon (Newcastle Emlyn area) and leaving behind my excellent farrier, vet and physio!

Does anyone have any particular recommendations (or warnings) for these? We compete in endurance so really need professionals who can support them at a high level, as well as deal with several old crocks/retirees. Mix of shod and barefoot so either a very good farrier who can support both, or a good farrier and a good equine podiatrist.

Also looking for recommendations for horse transporters, i'm looking in my home county but as the box is going to be empty one way anyway it probably doesn't matter which end they start from! Needs to transport at least 3 (only got a 2 horse trailer) but happy to have all 5 go together.

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and there will soon be a whole herd of horrible bouncy hairy ponies clogging up all the lanes and tracks in the area :p

Steerpike

Visit site
Hi, we moved to near Lampeter last year and I also do endurance. I use Steve Ronksley for farrier, Sam at Downes vet from Aberystwyth and also Alyx for Bowen treatments, messages if you'd like more info :)

Bradsmum

Visit site
My farrier, Chris Harris, was recommended to me and I've been very pleased. He's good, punctual and a nice person who takes care of my 43 year old and gives her time to move. He covers a wide area and tries to do certain locations on a weekly basis, eg comes to my area in Ceredigion on a Wednesday. I use Downes vets in Aberystwyth for my dog and Ystwyth vets for the horses - different vets only because I didn't know who to go to when we first came here. Rescue dog was already with Downes. Good luck with the move.

Steerpike

Visit site
Yes it's been a bit of a shock to me but having been here just over a year, all the professionals are getting to know me and my horses!