Chaff options

Chianti

Visit site
I'm looking for a new low calorie chaff to try for my pony. It must be molasses free, no alfalfa and no soya oil. He won't eat Honeychop Lite and Healthy.
At the moment he's on Marksway Mollichaff Light Molasses Free but that has soya oil in it. I thought I'd found the answer in Young's Sweet Meadow Lite Zero Chaff but that also has soya oil in it. Anyone know of any possibles?

TPO

Visit site
Yes. Thanks. He was on that years ago so I could try it again. The problem is that for a wanna be fat pony he's very fussy.

I've got one of them! He did eventually come around to Top Chop buts he's on Lite & Healthy now

Chianti

Visit site
Thunderbrooks healthy herbal has no soya no alfalfa and no molasses x

Yes. I was thinking of that - and the local feed store stocks it so it would be easy. I think it has a sugar content that varies but for the amount I'd feed I don't think it would be a concern. I know lots of people don't like Thunderbrooks but with horses I've learnt sometimes you have to bite your lip and just do what you have to do!

Glitterandrainbows

Visit site
I didn’t know this I am not on social media and don’t watch the news.. so the sexual predator still works for this company and wasn’t fired ?

planete

Visit site
T

Thanks - what make do you use?

I did use Thunderbrook but am now using my local feed merchant's (half the Tk's price). I use only half a mug a day to feed the supplements so not too worried about composition any longer. If I have to increase the ration in Winter I add unmolassed sugar beet instead of increasing the nuts.

Ashleigh02

Visit site
My fussy boys are on top spec top chop grass. Its got a peppermint smell to it and they love it. No molasses and good for laminitics