Chaff

XxfranniexX

New User
Visit site
Does anyone feed there horse chaff cos i wanna but i need some advice first can any1 help plz xxxxxxx
laugh.gif
<font color="pink"> </font>

cheeryplatypus

Visit site
i mix 'happychaff' in with the alfa to bulk things up a bit but it's prob full of sugar (mollases mix) though gives him something to do when inside and smells yummy

oh also seems to make his poo a bit orange for easy identification in poor lighting
grin.gif

johnsongreyhorse

Visit site
I feed HiFi to my old gelding and HiFi Lite to my other gelding as a partial hay replacer to give a bit of variation especially when they are in, have a look on the Dengie website it might help
smile.gif

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Simple systems do a variety of chaffs - some are grass chaffs and quite high in nutrient, but if you have a good doer they do ruff stuff which is mature grass and lucies stalks which is lucerne stalk (funnily enough), thats like a straw chaff so excellent to bulk out feed for fatties. Nothing has mollasses in so its great for fatties , fizzies &amp; laminitics.

Why are you wanting to feed chaff? Is it to bulk out feed or as an altenative to hay or hard feed? Bit more info would mean viewers could offer some more specific advice.

vickers22

Visit site
i found the sugar in dengie original made my tb go crazy!But now i use alfa A and it has made his coat gorgeous and helps maintain his condition. Also he loves it!
smile.gif